Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what concerns me is actually why Heater wants out. If it's simply just butting heads with the coach then fine but there's rumour of bigger problems in which case there's already something negative there and this is Heater's reaction to it.

Before all of this I had quite a bit of optimism for this season for a few reasons. It's disappointing all this is taking place.

I agree and I would be worried about what is happening behind closed doors.

The Habs were inflicted with that last year. There was a lot of turmoil with that team. All the little things released to the media were an idication that the team was a mess. They were lucky to make the playoffs. Thankfully it's a new year and new players.

All our teams start at 0 points so at this point we are all even :)

Don't worry, I'm sure Kovalev will save the day, and be a great example to Spezza that even giving 25% effort still gets you $5M/year, not to mention a raise at that.

All the best this season, I'm sure Chris "great dressing room guy" Neil will lead them to victory!!!

{insert photo of pre-game gladiator fucktard from playoffs last year, that guy was awesome!}

I dont remember the Sens having a better record than the Sens last year......psssst, Habs finished 8th buddy. Remember that epic tumble? I guess it was easier for you to block it from your memory. I still have the Raiders from somewhere in the middle 90's for having the most epic tumble I ever witnessed from one of my favorite teams, wont ever forget that.

That reminds me. Dinghy? You still owe me from our bets. ;)

I surround myself with people that will watch it for me.

Awesome.

Rip 'A' off Heatley's chest

Sens should refuse to deal Dany

By DON BRENNAN, SUN MEDIA

The 'A' worn by Dany Heatley stands for Asinine.

The reluctant Senator proved he is also worthy of an 'A' for Arrogant and 'P' for Pompous with all the whining he did on a conference call late last week.

Right now, without further delay, his 'A' should officially be removed. If not dramatically ripped off with threads flying everywhere during a ceremony at Parliament Hill, at least quietly by the Senators' Chris Cook in his equipment office at Scotiabank Place.

Dany Heatley doesn't need that 'A' on his sweater. He has one permanently tattooed on his chest, right above the spot that those with a backbone have a heart.

If the Sharks can strip Patrick Marleau of his 'C' in August for no apparent reason other than the fact they didn't win with him as their captain in May, the Senators should have lifted the 'A' off No. 15's jersey in June, when Heatley formally asked to be traded.

If in fact they didn't, it should immediately be done in the aftermath of what had to be the first press conference, controlled or otherwise, held by a guy who calls himself a "team player" to tell the world he wants to be traded because the team isn't playing him as much as he would like.

Aren't you still snickering at that one?

What a contradicting suck hole.

By the way, what did Friday's performance get Heatley, other than recognition as the Most Despised Senator ever? Only anguish, hopefully.

If he's a lot smarter than we think, Heatley came off as a jerk in an attempt to expedite a deal. But it says here GM Bryan Murray should put an abrupt end to any trade talks now, before they even become close to reality.

Screw 'em, Bryan. Stop spending the 1-2 hours a day you say you are talking to other GMs about Heatley. He's a goal scorer. Your team needs one of his ilk. Either tell him to shut the hell up and show up to play, or ignore him all together. Heatley is under contract. Who gives a rat's ass that he says?

Heatley is going to play his guts out when the NHL season starts, no matter what sweater he's wearing. He wants nothing more than to be on the Olympic team. If it was another year, you'd fret. But don't be surprised if he has 30 goals by this Christmas. Why would you trade that? Because he wants you to?

Screw 'em.

What Heatley wants shouldn't really matter. Other NHLers, and even former players, are actually aghast at his audacity. He wants "options?"

Options?????

"I don't know if Dany realizes this," one veteran said the other day, "but he's not an unrestricted free agent."

No, he's not. He gave up that right when he signed a $45-million US deal for the privilege to play six years in Ottawa, 22 months ago. Who the hell does he think he is now?

Heatley wants to pick from the team off his "list" who free up cap space and dump prospects and draft picks to acquire the two-time quitter that he is. So if Detroit, San Jose, Los Angeles and New York all make offers, Murray is supposed to ask Dany Boy which of them HE wants to play for? What if it's not the best offer on the table?

If Murray is taking the second- or third- or fourth-best offer for a former 50-goal scorer because that's where the former 50-goal scorer wants to play, then it's time to get rid of Murray. He has to pull in the absolute best possible return for the organization. If he is going to trade Dany Heatley because Dany Heatley says he wants to be traded, he should be waiting until he is "wowed" by an offer. Otherwise, he should stand pat.

All this talk about an unhappy Heatley being a disturbance in the dressing room ... I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the whole "distraction" thing. Did the Senators lose games because they were thinking about Ray Emery being late for practice? No. Are they going to go into the crapper because Heatley didn't get his trade wish? Of course not.

And if he is a negative force in the dressing room, if he doesn't give it everything he has on the ice, in practice and games, Chris Neil will take care of him.

Are you kidding? Heatley, who skates away from pretty much any and every conflict on the ice, would wilt under the menacing glare of The Neiler.

If not, give No. 25 a couple of minutes alone with No. 15.

His father or one of his two high-profile agents, J.P. Barry and Stacey McAlpine, should have given Heatley a stern lecture the moment he mentioned he was going to pull this stunt.

Now that this thing is to the point it is, the talking should be over.

Cease with the trade discussions, Bryan. You have a guy that once scored 50. Hang on to him. If he's ever going to do it again, this is the season.

If you give a guy a no trade clause, you put yourselves in the situation... the Laffs know this all too well...

The blame is on mis-management, not for a player exercising his rights management gladly gave him along with a big $ contract...

That Chris Neil handling Heatley in the dressing room stuff was pretty intelligent... Neil's gonna carry this team to the glory land!!

The blame is on mis-management' date=' not for a player exercising his rights management gladly gave him along with a big $ contract[/quote']

Funny how he's exercising his rights in his contract while simultaneously not honoring the contract he signed.

teams trade players all the time that are under contract or just signed one.

same thing.