Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

Guest Low Roller

I'm less disturbed by the new Kovalev pics than I am with the new Koivu pics. Kovalev alienated a lot of his supporters last year with wildly inconsistent playing which hurt his mystique.

Heatley is a bigger prickshow than Kanye.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Eric Karlsson and Matt Carkner stay up for the start of the season, Christoph Schubert and Brian Lee down.

Fine by me, I kind of hated Pubes (dinghy's a fan, I think) and I'm sure the organzition felt Brian Lee could no longer soil the sheets properly now that his equally inept partner in crime Brandon Bell has bolted for St. Louis (though I really did feel Lee was coming on at the end of last season).

It's all about one-way vs two-way contracts for Lee. Campoli/Picard/Lee are all such similar (and mediocre) style players, they couldn't possibly play all 3 in their top 6. Lee is the only one who didn't have to clear waivers. I'd guess that Picard has about a 10 game audition before he trades places with Lee. Maybe he'll get picked off of waivers if he starts well?

It will be interesting to see how Carkner handles the speed and strength of regular season competition. He sort of came out nowhere to make the team because they need another physical Dman so badly.

So Schubert is on re-entry waivers and Bob McKenzie is saying he would be shocked if someone didn't pick up Schubert on re-entry.

Maybe somebody gives him a chance to be a full-time D? I feel like the Sens wrecked his development with the flip-flopping between D and 4th line winger.

So Schubert is on re-entry waivers and Bob McKenzie is saying he would be shocked if someone didn't pick up Schubert on re-entry.

Maybe somebody gives him a chance to be a full-time D? I feel like the Sens wrecked his development with the flip-flopping between D and 4th line winger.

I agree whole heartedly....the lack of depth up front the last couple of years has not done him well.

I thought it was a decent effort for much of the 1st and 2nd periods but the 3rd Rangers goal seemed to kill the Senator's will.

There were a couple of bright spots, including Michalek's nice little break in on Lundqvist but it was the same old story with lack of finish.