If he's got beautiful hands, he left them in Montreal:

Kovalev:

GP = 3

Goals = 0

Assists = 0

+/- = -1

SoG = 4

He must be getting tips from Fisher

I bet he's missing set-up man Markov as much as the Habs are.

It's starting pretty early here in Ottawa kids.

A day after their 3-2 overtime win over the New York Islanders, the Ottawa Senators seemingly brought that game intensity to practice where Chris Neil and Jason Spezza got into a skirmish.

The two forwards had a dispute during Friday's practice that saw Neil give Spezza a two-handed slash to the back of the legs, which led to Spezza returning the favour. When Neil dropped his gloves, teammates stepped in to stop it before the incident escalated.

After practice, head coach Cory Clouston downplayed the confrontation.

"That's all right," Clouston stated. "That's just intensity...they'll shake hands and make up."

When asked about the exchange with Neil, Spezza didn't know what caused it, but said he was glad that it didn't go further.

"I don't know what happened,†Spezza said. “Sometimes teammates get into it, it's no big deal.

"As soon as he dropped the gloves it was time to get out of there though"

This isn't the first time Neil has gotten into it with teammates at practice. In the past, he's had similar run-ins with Magnus Arvedson and Martin Havlat.

The incident wasn't the only news to come out of practice.

Clouston also switched up the first and second lines, by swapping Nick Foligno and Daniel Alfredsson, because there was "not enough production from our top two lines."

Jesse Winchester and Ryan Shannon were both back on the ice, but neither will play Saturday against the Atlanta Thrashers.

Interesting note..

I was operating followspot at the Islanders' game and the Islanders' net was nearly right below me......the first goal should definitely not have counted...the puck definitely hit the mesh and dropped back behind the net.....

I was very surprised that the play continued....I was so shocked that I almost forgot to light up the players....that and I actually started to clap.....oops....

...ah well every team gets a break sometime....we certainly had the refs against us...

btw...I love my job sometimes....

Great Game.

Elliot was fucking unbelievable!!!! If he can play like that everytime he's called upon, he's a back-up we can't complain about.

Alfie-Fisher-Kovalev, all I can say is WOW. Hopefully Clouston will keep them together a while to let them click. Fun as hell to watch. Clouston kept changing the lines around late in the second and into the third.

At the rate Fish is going he's going to have a career year. (knocks on wood.)

They still need that one guy on defence.

Schubs look solid playing D for Atlanta. He creamed Kovalev at one point. I miss him already.

Matt Carkner, the Senators newest enforcer, pounded on an old Senator nemesis, Steve Downie, infamous for his pre-season hit on Dean McAmmond two years ago.

"Payback for McAmmond," Carkner said afterward. "I hate that little prick (Downie)."