Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am fighting a losing battle, but the rebuild seems to be taking shape.

One of the youngest teams in the league, with some quality assests. Definately ahead of schedule in my mind. A few more moves by Burke over the summer and we will be making the playoffs next year. (Not in purple).

How about they let first-rounder Alex Steen (or Brad Boyes? or Anton Stralman? etc) develop for more than 2 seasons before they give up on them.

Leaf draft picks 2000-2007 that are everyday NHLers:

Brad Boyes

Carlo Colaiacovo

Kyle Wellwood

Alexander Steen

Matthew Stajan

Ian White

John Mitchell

Tuukka Rask

Anton Stralman

Nikolai Kulemin

Viktor Stalberg

Carl Gunnarsson

Anyone notice who scored the winner to knock the Leafs officially out of the playoffs last night?

Nik Antropov.

everyone who read the Toronto star article on the game noticed that yes. It was the top story on their website for about 12 hours.

Good or bad, it's just nice to see a Toronto GM finally say something and then do it.

would love to see the quote of him saying that despite his best intentions, the team will be garbage and golfing by the second week of April.

Actually AD, when he first took the job he said (paraphrasing) "This is going to be a 5 year plan, it ain't gonna be pretty for the short term."

Then at the start of this season he said they'd be competing for a playoff spot.

Remember that?

Good or bad' date=' it's just nice to see a Toronto GM finally say something and then do it.[/quote']

would love to see the quote of him saying that despite his best intentions, the team will be garbage and golfing by the second week of April.

That's not what I meant and you know it. nerd.

sensible and realistic? Did you miss the part where he predicted they'd compete for the playoffs THIS year?!

Doesn't a GM kind of HAVE to say that, though? I don't think any GM just comes out and says, "Well, we're obviously never going to make it to the post-season this year." That's not exactly going to motivate the players.