Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about they let first-rounder Alex Steen (or Brad Boyes? or Anton Stralman? etc) develop for more than 2 seasons before they give up on them.

Leaf draft picks 2000-2007 that are everyday NHLers:

Brad Boyes

Carlo Colaiacovo

Kyle Wellwood

Alexander Steen

Matthew Stajan

Ian White

John Mitchell

Tuukka Rask

Anton Stralman

Nikolai Kulemin

Viktor Stalberg

Carl Gunnarsson

Haha, nice try dave-O, but St louis sucks ass with those three guys and Calgary isn't exactly putting the fear of god into anyone with newly aquired Stajan and White. The only guy in your list who matters at all is Rask and he's JFJ's fault.

Haha, nice try dave-O, but St louis sucks ass with those three guys and Calgary isn't exactly putting the fear of god into anyone with newly aquired Stajan and White. The only guy in your list who matters at all is Rask and he's JFJ's fault.

First, Calgary sucked long before those two bozos arrived.

Second, I was mostly just talking shit... but I do believe the right mix of the guys on that list would have the "rebuilding" Leafs in better shape than they are today. Heck even adding Brad Boyes alone would double the number of legit top 6 Fs on the team.

Third, Lee Stempniak named NHL's 1st star of the month.

Fourth,

th_nce4x.gif

Also, I am pretty excited about Bozak, Kulimen, Stalberg, Schenn, Gunnarson, Kessel, Gustavsson, Jonas, DiDomenico, Caputi and Kadri. Some good young talent that the leafs finally have in their system. Hopefully some of them turn out.

Quality effort last night. At least it makes Saturday night's game more meaningful. My buddy is going to be 2nd row behind the Canadiens' bench.

On a completely unrelated note, the London vs Kitchener game finished 8-7 in overtime. Fricking great game! The series is now tied 2-2. The unlucky winner of this series gets to face Windsor, who won their 2nd round series against Plymouth 4-0.

2010 = Taylor Hall/ Tyler Seguin Toronto Maple Leafs Boston Bruins

The best part is that this isn't done yet. Toronto also gave up this years 2nd round pick and their 1st pick in 2011. Unless something has changed I believe they will pick 62nd this year :)

Burkes first year the Leafs had 81 points and missed the playoffs. This year they had 74 points and missed the playoffs.

During that time he has traded away a bunch of picks for Kessel and added some questionable contracts.

What I wonder is with all the money tied up in D and no picks who the hell is going to play with Kessel?

Kessel is a nice piece but he is just that "one piece".

Even though I am a Habs fan I thought Burke might turn this franchise around but at this point I don't see it.

Maybe things will turn around for the Leafs but I'm hoping not ;)

You guys don't even know how to make fun of this team properly. Geez. The best part is that they're being built around a bunch of defencemen and a goalie who managed to give up the 2nd most goals in the league.

As for the Kessel trade and building through the draft, suck on the Cox:

"•Phoenix is probably the best example that building through the draft isn't the only way to go. Of their last 15 drafts, the Coyotes only have two first round picks currently on their roster as contributing players. Those players are Martin Hanzal (17th overall, 2005) and Shane Doan (seventh, 1996). The guts of the Phoenix lineup was acquired through trades and free agency, plus, of course, one of the best waiver pickups in recent memory, goalie Ilya Bryzgalov.

Meanwhile, teams like the Islanders, Lightning, Blue Jackets and Panthers keep picking high and keep going nowhere. The only point, folks, is that there's more than one way to do it, and smart GMs know that."