Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preliminary overnight data from BBM Canada confirms the average audience for the 30-minute original TSN production was 556,000, making it the most-watched NHL draft lottery ever.

Tuesday's audience marked an 87% increase over last year's NHL draft lottery on TSN.

Hahhaaha. Toronto fans crying in their soup. Fucking hilarious. Imagine if Brian Boob hadnt traded the pick away what the ratings would have been!

Anybody watch Brian Burke on Off The Record today? Lansberg stopped short of sucking his dick at the end. It was embarrassing.

I think I watched it...are you talking about the interview where Lansberg went after him about the Kessel trade, Ron Wilson being a bad coach, among other things and then commended Burke on how he handled himself after going through the most difficult thing in the world, losing a son? I think I saw it a bit differently than you.

I talk shit and laugh my ass off at the Leafs expense all the time (as a Habs fan), but I hope that they do win the Cup once while I am alive. Can you fucking imagine what would happen? The city would spontaneously combust. I would like to see it for the spectacle that it would be.

Guest Low Roller
Anybody watch Brian Burke on Off The Record today? Lansberg stopped short of sucking his dick at the end. It was embarrassing.

I think I watched it...are you talking about the interview where Lansberg went after him about the Kessel trade' date=' Ron Wilson being a bad coach, among other things and then commended Burke on how he handled himself after going through the most difficult thing in the world, losing a son? I think I saw it a bit differently than you.[/quote']

I only saw the end bit when he was verbally fellating him. If he grilled him during the interview then good for him.

From the great blog http://hockeyhotchicks.blogspot.com/

http://hockeyhotchicks.blogspot.com/2010/04/burke-looking-ahead.html

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Burke Looking Ahead

burke+closes+the+year.jpg

Guess it is tough to look behind when you have a season like the one that the Leafs did. Leafs GM Brian Burke gave his season ending analysis of 2009-10 and what is to come. He reinforced the notion that he is not interested in a 5 year plan, like the ones that have proved so effective in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Washington etc. Burke is hanging his hat on the fact that he won the Cup in Anaheim without a 5 year plan.

"I'm not interested ... in a five-year rebuild like some of these teams have done. Maybe because of my age, maybe just because I know it doesn't have to be five years because it wasn't in Anaheim. I like the group that finished the year, I think just on internal improvement we will be better. I think we will be good enough with this group and a couple additions to say in training camp that the playoffs are a reasonable goal."

Sounds vaguely familiar to last year at this time. The Leafs did play well down the stretch, but they were loose and had nothing to worry about as they had been eliminated. Burke continues to defend his Kessel trade, which I guess he has to. Cannot very well admit he made a mistake, and you know I am not sure he did ... had the Leafs made it anywhere close to the playoffs. Who figured they'd finish 2nd last in the league, making the draft pick this year so much better. Had the Bruins gotten a 10th or 12th overall pick, Kessel is looking pretty good ... providing he abides by the 'slim-fast' regime that coach Wilson has laid out.

"All this debate about the Kessel deal -- was it worth it? Was it not worth it? -- I find it amusing. I got news for you, we're all going to know at some point. This is no different than two farmers side by side arguing whether they plant soy beans or corn. And they argue and one guy plants corn and one guy plants soy beans. Guess what, we're going to know at some point who won -- we don't have to argue the whole time while the plants grow for God sake."

On bringing in Phaneuf and the effect he's had on the team in the short time he's been with Toronto ...

"I've never brought a guy in who had a bigger impact on a team from a personality standpoint. It was like an adrenaline bomb went off in our dressing room. This guy brought energy and a positive approach, he challenges everybody. He challenges me, he barks at me sometimes, 'We need this or that.' I haven't had that before."

Last but not least ... what if the Leafs fail miserably again next year?

"I'm immune to fear of being canned. I've been canned, this doesn't scare me anymore. I'll either get it done here or I won't. I'll join that long list of souls who haunt the building or I'll be back talking to you folks for a few more years."

At least the guy is entertaining. This summer should be interesting, in terms of what Burke does with his cap space and trades. I have a hard time believing that he wont be able to deal Kaberle for something decent, sign a free agent or two, and put a team together that will at least challenge for the playoffs next year. The goaltending will be better, and the young kids will be a year older. Dare we hope that the playoffs will mean something to Leaf fans in a year from now?

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I find it disturbing that you assume two male bananas. Maybe it's a female banana that likes taking it in the chuffer while standing up.

Guest Low Roller

Really. You're reducing yourself to homophobic slurs? That's cheap.

Not that I expect more from a resigned Leafs fan whose volume tumbles to obscurity this time of year only to re-emerge with a false sense of hope every September.

• 1 month later...

With all due respect can-o-phish, I think Mendes is a complete hack. He's probably my most disrespected 'journalist'.

His level of knowledge and understanding seems to be well below where it needs to be for a person to be in the spotlight as much as he is. The only lowering of the bar here are his articles.

I know I have made fun of a few moves Burke has made since coming to Toronto but I gotta give him credit. There is no GM more entertaining than he is. Anyone else see him on OTR yesterday? Outstanding.

He's certainly a man of his convictions.

Guest Low Roller

[color:purple]In order to celebrate that the franchise now has the longest Stanley Cup winning drought, the Leafs will be unveiling a new jersey Tuesday, with a more somber blue colour according to TSN.

Also, Dion Phaneuf will be named captain.