Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see hockey back on TV :)

Toskala wasn't as good as Price last night. However, Toskala looked better than I thought he would. His movement looks to be a lot better and hopefully his body has healed well. Noticed that Gustavsson got a bigger cheer during the intros than Toskala did ;)

Wallin was a pleasant surprise. Stalberg is friggin' fast!! Stajan looks comfortable on that top line as well. Have to see how they gel over time :/

Other than the goal Poni got, he seemed to be invisible most of the night.

I like Komisarek's intensity, but he took too many penalties for one game. I know it's your old team buddy, and you want to show something, but not at the expense of the game man.

Could Hal Gill get any slower? Man, i think he's slowed down in the past 2 years. He sure didn't look good for the Habs last night.

See that bit where they explained how Ron Wilson made the players study team history and then gave them a test??? As long as they know that it's been 40 years since a successful campaign has been put on the ice ....

Burke has a big set of binoculars ;)

A man enters a bar and orders a drink. The bar has a robot

bartender. The robot serves him a perfectly prepared cocktail, and

then asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man replies "150" and the robot proceeds to make conversation

about global warming factors, quantum physics and spirituality,

biochemistry, environmental interconnectedness, string theory,

nano-technology, and sexual proclivities.

The customer is very impressed and thinks, "This is really cool."

He decides to test the robot. He walks out of the bar, turns around,

and comes back in for another drink. Again, the robot serves him the

perfectly prepared drink and asks him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responds, "Around 100."

Immediately the robot starts talking, but this time, about football,

fast cars, baseball, super models, favourite fast foods, guns, and

women's breasts.

Really impressed, the man leaves the bar and decides to give the

robot one more test. He returns, the robot serves him and asks,

"What's your IQ?"

The man replies, "Duuuh, 50, I think."

And the robot says... real slowly.

"So...............you gon-na cheer for the Toronto Maple Leafs a-gain this year?"

Heard that this morning. Pulled something in that game against Ottawa. Toskala has a chance to redeem himself? Up against the defending Stanley Cup Champs on Saturday (who just got shutout by the freakin' Coyotes!!!!!) who will be very hungry.

If I make it to moe. i'm sure to miss most of the game anyhow. Not too worried. Beginning of the season with low expectations.

I have Tyke Hockey to worry about more ;)

Edited by Guest

Hell, they should just suit up Wilson or Burke and toss them in net for a game.

Notice how in the preseason it was mostly the 'youth' providing the scoring and effort? Too bad they're all back in the minors right now.

They only thing they can lose now is the first round pick in next year's draft :P

More people will be cheering for Tucker tonight i'm sure. You can bet that I won't be watching.

Some interesting facts so far:

The Leafs are 0-4-1, the first time they've lost five in a row to start a season since 1990-91.

The team has allowed a league-high 24 goals against (an average of 4.8 goals against per game). They've scored 12 goals (an average of 2.4 goals per game).

Starting goaltender Vesa Toskala is 0-2-1 with a 5.56 goals against average and a save percentage of .812, and is hurting with a knee injury.

Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson, meanwhile, is currently on injured reserve with a groin injury (the Leafs called up goalie James Reimer on Tuesday, who will now back up original third-string keeper Joey MacDonald, who is now the starting goalie).

After tonight's game against the Colorado Avalanche, the Leafs don't play again until Saturday against the Rangers. Following that, due to a scheduling quirk, they don't play again until the next Saturday against the Canucks.

Notice how in the preseason it was mostly the 'youth' providing the scoring and effort? Too bad they're all back in the minors right now.

As a Leaf fan, I would expect you to WANT those kids to remain in the minors so they can actually learn the proper way. Then again, maybe I have forgotten who truly has the stupidest fans in the league.

The Maple Leafs are the Buffalo Bills of the NHL.

Better than being the Raiders of the NHL.