Jambands.ca

I'm friggin bored....

rubberdinghy

A girl at my work missed 2 nights of Bluesfest because she became addicted to Mad Men. I watched about 15 minutes of the first episode the other day but the it was too choppy over the internet.

Is your wife taking the bus back from the Britney show? I wonder if Britney and Jerry will be hanging out later...Where's the party?

If you don't like mad men you are probably slightly retarded. On the occasion that you've actually watched a few episodes and still find it dumb, it's not the show, it's you.

It's a very brilliant show and an absolutely blast to watch Don Draper handle things. Shit, that show is bringing back drinking at work!

Explain to me it's brilliance. You think it's cool cuz they are drinking and smoking in the office?

People just eat it up because the ladie think Jon Hamm is hot, and Joan's got big ole titties.

I made it to episode 4, and still think it is "meh."

I don't usually disagree with Bouche but I'd have to agree with this assessment. I generally judge shows on the strength of their writing, the addictiveness of their narrative flow (how they draw you into the next chapter - for instance The Wire defined this addictiveness like crack), and the strength of the individual characters and ensemble work.

In the case of Mad Men I only really like Penny as a character, Draper's a douche and less than one dimensional and the entire ensemble are so mealy mouthed and just fucking irritating I can't bear to put the effort in.

Now if you don't like The Wire (consistently rated by TV critics as the best show of the last 30 years) there is something definitely wrong with you.

If you don't like mad men you are probably slightly retarded. On the occasion that you've actually watched a few episodes and still find it dumb, it's not the show, it's you.

That made me laugh out loud actually.

I found the show boring, bringing nothing to the surface that really made me want to watch.

Signed,

Slightly retarded