Jambands.ca

Butthole Surfers in Montreal

Cosmic ChrisC

Hey,

So I've been a Butthole Surfers fan for a long time and never thought I'd get to see them live. On a St-Ambroise beer bottle, I noticed an ad for the Pop Montreal festival (yes, advertising works) and I checked out the web site. To my big surprise, Butthole Surfers are playing there!!! Wow! The Theatre Olympia...they were supposed to play with Dinosaur Jr. who had to bow out due to a band member's health issues.

Anyway, there's a lot of stuff I want to do in October, so I have to pick and choose. Has anyone seen the Butthole Surfers live and it is worth it? It's on a weekday so vacation days will have to be used. I think I have to do this though!

I've never successfully seen them, but always wanted to.

I vividly remember being outside "Club Z" in Toronto, circumnavigating the building with my friend Russell, at the age of 14, having figured out there was no legal way to pay to get into this licensed gig, and trying to figure out how two young skateboarders might break into the building.

Probably best we gave up.

Anyway, I've heard they put on an amazing "psychedelic punk" show, but have never had the pleasure; not for want of trying.

whoa! what's this about a band member of dino jr and a health issue?

i'm kinda tossed about what to do... butthole surfers are playing with built to spill in detroit the same night that yo la tengo plays in toronto... for which i already have tickets.

seems like every band in the world i want to see is coming to a town near me this fall. eek!

whoa! what's this about a band member of dino jr and a health issue?
Dinosaur Jr. have to postpone their September 30th Toronto and October 1st Montreal dates due to an unforeseen issue that demands one of the band members be in Los Angeles on these dates to deal with a health issue. The band sincerely apologizes to its fans and looks forward to making the dates up in January 2010.

The make-up dates are as follows:

Jan 21, 2010

Toronto

Phoenix

w/ openers Mike Watt & The Missingmen, Lou Barlow

Jan 23, 2010

Montreal

Club Soda