Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
bouche

Preserving

You don't have to be a raw food foodie to appreciate a food dehydrator- must have for backyard gardeners!

Agreed. I couldn't imagine not having one (I have two) now. Mine has been indispensable when preparing for my camping trips' date=' especially for the month+ long canoe trips into the interiors we used to do. Not having some fruit, veggies and meat to enjoy after 3 weeks would have driven me crazy. Those "meals in a bag" just don't cut it all the time.

[/quote']

This is why I want one. For tripping :) I think that I will invest in one this winter. I'm really excited for this.

Im with Esau on the dehydrator, I have two also. With little kids who like to eat alot of fruit these come in really handy. I make fruit chips and fruit rollups. The next best tool in my kitchen for preserving is my vacuum sealer. I go through half the jars I used to and dishwashing is cut in half. If you are careful when you cut the bags you can re-use them also. Great from jams and spreads to pickles and salsa's...only problem I found was that once you open a bag of something you have to use it up quick, so make smaller portions of things if you go this route.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this