Jambands.ca

NFL 2009-2010 Season

Northern Wish

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge props to Sloth, Ollie and especially DaveyBoy for not telling me the final score of the Raiders game last night. God bless PVR.

That 3rd quarter and half the 4th wouldnt have made any friends out of potential fans. Poor execution and dumb penalties slowed it to a halt in the 3rd.

But let me tell you, did I ever scream my stupid face off when JaM threw that bomb on 4th and 15 (couldnt figure out why they werent punting but whatever, it worked) to give the Raiders the lead with around 2 and a half minutes to go. The house was facking rocking! My football emotions havent run that high on a positive note in years.

But the crushing couple of minutes that followed brought me back to earth.................

None the less, things are definitely on the up and up with the Raiders as they look at bottom below. JaM has his work cut out for him though. His mechanics arent the best and his accuracy is certainly questionable right now but as far as I am concerned he is just a 2nd year QB (yes I know its his 3rd year but he skipped training camp his first season and came in way late to learn anything of substance) who is going to take his lumps. At least he has a coaching staff who seemingly understand how to bring him along compared to the last regime.

Oh, did I mention I hate the Bills?

Yesterday was a perfect example of how NFL Sundays are pure win, for me anyway...went over to the Man Cave (my buddy Stewart's cottage-he has the Express Vu NFL package), drank Ceasars and then a couple beers, ate pizza, peanuts and roast beef sandwiches, smoked darts, yelled at the TV, and watched about 8 hours of amazing matchups and close games, IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Edited by Guest

Crazy day of football!

Enjoyed every minute of it (not including the minutes where I furiously ripped apart my proline tickets), right up to the end, where my least favourite player in the league marched his despicable team down the field for a field goal to beat my most hated team in their inaugural game at their new stadium as I gulped down my final drink.....good times.

I forgot to mention in my Sunday description I had my first winning Pro Line ticket ever, only $40 but IT WAS GLORIOUS

No, I read that in another thread, I just pushed the hate deep down inside myself and will explode on you at some later point in regard to some completely unrelated matter.

I don't really get too upset with Proline, sure I lost ten bucks this weekend but really I spent ten bucks to put myself in a position to tell Mel, "Look, I know I promised I'd only watch the 1pm game but I but I've got money on the afternoon game as well and I've got to watch.". Basically it's just the price of admission.

Edited by Guest

I forgot to mention in my Sunday description I had my first winning Pro Line ticket ever' date=' only $40 but IT WAS GLORIOUS

[/quote']

Basically it's just the price of admission.

Roger that, my buddy Stew said "well now you have to bet that all next weekend"; the bastards will get my money back, its really just a temporary personal victory that puts the hooks in to make sure I don't forget to bet again this year.

In other news:

I confess I kind of wanted to see Jake "daylight come and you gotta" Delhomme throw another 5 picks and start crying on the sidelines. Poor Carolina, him playing half decent just prolongs their pain.

How about the QB situation in Philly? Kolb? Vick? Garcia? McNabb? Who is gonna start next week? Probably not Vick or Garcia, but still.

Fantasy teams with Saints offense are jizzing in their pants so far. The bigger story might have been the failure of the Philly defense.

Edited by Guest

I think Tennesee's defense falling apart ranks pretty high on unexpected NFL 09 results.

Brees, and Fred Jackson are making a mockery of my fantasy competition so far....

Yes! Also I was glad I was not playing against the team that had Chris Johnson yesterday, Jesus Christ, 197 rushing, 2 TDs, 87 receiving, 1 TD.