Jambands.ca

Top 9 bands with the worst fans

Velvet

Pardon me if this has been posted before, but I think it's quite funny.

http://www.spike.com/blog/top-9-bands-with/74145

Here's the spoiler:

2. Phish

I’m gonna have to start out by saying that this band is one of the most overrated acts in the history of music. The fact that people follow this band all around the world so they can catch every single note Phish creates is simply unbelievable.

On of my biggest problems with their fans is the fact that they’re mostly rich white kids from New England trying to grow dreadlocks and live the so-called "hippie lifestyle." Do me a favor and take a count of all the Range Rovers in the parking lot the next time you catch one of their shows. On second thought, skip the show.

The other thing that drives me insane is the way the fans act like Phish is the only important/relevant band on the planet. They are literally some of the most close-minded people when it comes to music. All they do is completely dedicate themselves to Phish and no one else. How many more times do you really need to listen to “Bounce Around the Room?†Answer: Zero.

They also act like they care about the well-being of the world, when all they really do is eat mushrooms, smoke weed, and drive around the U.S. following Phish. Way to start the revolution, f***ers.

although there is no need to point this out
On of my biggest problems

On of my biggest problems is watching on take up internet time complaining about on thing yet completely ignorant to on's own shortcomings.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm curious to how you know the writer is "completely ignorant" to his own shortcomings?

Just like any other list on the internet, its nothing more then personal opinion. I mean, who takes shit like this seriously? Its good for a laugh though.

They also act like they care about the well-being of the world, when all they really do is eat mushrooms, smoke weed, and drive around the U.S. following Phish. Way to start the revolution, f***ers.

I hate that critics seem to think that we act like or try to care about the well-being of the world. Really, all we want to do is eat mushrooms, smoke weed and hash, other drugs, and drive or fly around the world following Phish, other music and go to parties and jam and have fun.

2. Phish

I’m gonna have to start out by saying that this band is one of the most overrated acts in the history of music. The fact that people follow this band all around the world so they can catch every single note Phish creates is simply unbelievable.

On of my biggest problems with their fans is the fact that they’re mostly rich white kids from New England trying to grow dreadlocks and live the so-called "hippie lifestyle." Do me a favor and take a count of all the Range Rovers in the parking lot the next time you catch one of their shows. On second thought, skip the show.

The other thing that drives me insane is the way the fans act like Phish is the only important/relevant band on the planet. They are literally some of the most close-minded people when it comes to music. All they do is completely dedicate themselves to Phish and no one else. How many more times do you really need to listen to “Bounce Around the Room?†Answer: Zero.

"David Teie plays cello with the [u.S.] National Symphony Orchestra and even on occasion with the heavy-metal band Metallica. He's also a composer," Richard Harris reports for National Public Radio. Mr. Teie acquired recordings of cotton-top tamarins from the University of Wisconsin. "With those samples and a few others as a starting point, Teie composed music for monkeys. 'Basically I took those elements and patterned them the way we do normally with [human] music,' he says. . . . He played the compositions on his cello and then electronically boosted them up three octaves, to a pitch that matched the monkeys' voices. Monkeys don't respond at all to music written for humans, but they did respond when they heard this composition.

[Wisconsin psychology professor Chuck] Snowdon says people may not be calmed by this relatively fast tempo of one of the pieces, but the monkeys in his lab certainly were. 'This is a rhythm that approaches the resting heart rate of a tamarin and had this calming effect on them even though the pum-pum-pum in the background was maybe a bit faster than we would expect as humans for this music.'