Jambands.ca

Demonoid invites.. [edit: got it, thanks!]

backbacon

In control panel, under the very top section titled "invitations". Then hit the big button that says "create a new invitation code" a very long code will be created that you pass along to whoever you are inviting - of course if your account is new you may not be able to invite people yet.

I have several.

this is what I see. too bad. I don't know what the other factors are.

You can not create more invitations at the moment

Invitation codes are limited based on time since last creation and other factors.

Please check back this space, you'll be notified here when you are able to create an invitation again.

Thats the beauty of FAQs and the forums on websites, they almost always contain the answer, if you look.

Taken from the help forum, and from the stickied Demonoid Invitation Codes (How / When...) thread.

When you can create one you will have a "create a new Invitation code" button instead of the 'You cannot create any invitations at this time' message (or worded something similar) in your control panel.

2d9v0r6.jpg

The ability to create an invite is giveth and taketh randomly to those who have been members for more than 30 days. The button may come and go at random too, whether you created an invite with it when you had it or not, and any invite codes you create will only be good for 7 days.

As I mentioned it is random, so it isn't based on your ratio or any other factor except the min 30 days. The only thing that will affect it is warnings. Warnings will likely make it longer before you receive the ability to create an invite, and depending of the nature of the warning(s), that could be a long time

what.... you don't believe me? I see your screenshot and raise you one screenshot...

My account was inactive for quite a while. I'm guessing that I don't have good enough ratio or status for the time being. I've bot a 0.97 ratio. Not sure if that's good for that site or not.

Relax Mike. Please re-read my post. Why are you so defensive about this? Please, point out where I claimed I didn't believe you or even eluded to it. Seriously.

And for the record, since you obviously didnt read my post, the quoted part is taken directly from the demonoid staff comment in the help forum, so is the screenshot. As I mentioned in my above post.

But to help you out here, I'll re-post it and bold ONLY the parts that explain why you don't have the option to give any invites.

When you can create one you will have a "create a new Invitation code" button instead of the 'You cannot create any invitations at this time' message (or worded something similar) in your control panel.

2d9v0r6.jpg

The ability to create an invite is giveth and taketh randomly to those who have been members for more than 30 days. The button may come and go at random too, whether you created an invite with it when you had it or not, and any invite codes you create will only be good for 7 days.

As I mentioned it is random, so it isn't based on your ratio or any other factor except the min 30 days. The only thing that will affect it is warnings. Warnings will likely make it longer before you receive the ability to create an invite, and depending of the nature of the warning(s), that could be a long time

I apolgize for trying to help you understand why you can't invite people at this time.

Relax Mike. Please re-read my post. Why are you so defensive about this? Please, point out where I claimed I didn't believe you or even eluded to it. Seriously.

And for the record, since you obviously didnt read my post, the quoted part is taken directly from the demonoid staff comment in the help forum, so is the screenshot. As I mentioned in my above post.

But to help you out here, I'll re-post it and bold ONLY the parts that explain why you don't have the option to give any invites.

E,

I really appreciated help. I only responded with my screenshot because, I must confess (as you clearly pointed out) I only looked at the pretty pictures in your post. I feel bad that I didn't read the whole thing. But that is what happens on a saturday sometimes. I generally only read on the toilet.