Jambands.ca

Ticketmaster Service Fees

bouche

Does anyone know what the hell the service fees are for?

I bought 2 tickets at $35 each and they had a service fee of about $12 each. I went to the outlet to pickup my tickets and the lady told me that I had to pick them up, the day of the show at the box office.

wtf did they do with that service fee money?

My biggest beef with Ticketmaster is that they add a lot of charges to the promoter too ... I was looking into using them a few years ago, and not only is there the ridiculous service fee to the consumer, but the promoter had to pay out a bunch off fees per ticket, a set up fee for each show, and a percentage of the gross. I don't have the document anymore ... I printed it and burned it in a display of defiance. it was pretty bad-ass

Does anyone know what the hell the service fees are for?

I presume they are for services rendered' date=' like, for say, printing the tickets, processing payments, running a website, building offices, hiring people, buying equipment...[/quote']

dont forget condoms ... for when they bend me over and fuck me up the ass everytime i buy tix ...

i sooooo want this class action suit against them to succeed.

From Wiki:

"In 2003, the popular jam band String Cheese Incident and its associated booking group, SCI Ticketing sued Ticketmaster arguing that Ticketmaster's exclusive use contracts and most US venues was a breach of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act. This lawsuit was settled in 2004 with no publicity of the settlement terms[24]"

I'd never heard that before. Is it true?

"I presume they are for services rendered, like, for say, printing the tickets, processing payments, running a website, building offices, hiring people, buying equipment..."

$12 a ticket from a company that has a major share in the one media organization that holds a monopoly on every major venue in Canada and the United States?

C'mon Basher - Maybe I think you're trying to show a little bit of compassion here...(cause right now I sure am).

$12 a ticket from a company that has a major share in the one media organization that holds a monopoly on every major venue in Canada and the United States?

C'mon Basher - Maybe I think you're trying to show a little bit of compassion here...(cause right now I sure am).

The question was, "Does anyone know what the hell the service fees are for?", not "Do you think a $12 service charge is reasonable?".

Those two questions, in fact, can hardly be confused with one another.

How did you do it?

The question was, "Does anyone know what the hell the service fees are for?", not "Do you think a $12 service charge is reasonable?".

Those two questions, in fact, can hardly be confused with one another.

yeah, and I didn't ask "Would anyone care to presume what the service fees are for?"

I presume they are for services rendered, like, for say, printing the tickets, processing payments, running a website, building offices, hiring people, buying equipment...