Jambands.ca

Pavement Reunion?!?!

gentlemonkey

This has nothing to do with the thread in the slightest....

I've just got say as much as I enjoy the Kanye meme (I love it) I get so much more enjoyment from the cliche insta-backlash it's getting on every board there is.

Yes the Kanye meme is over done (but I'm loving it, Waving, you brought a smile to my face) but the insta-backlash is hilarious. No internet meme that I can remember has gotten a "get on your pedestal and judge it" immediate reaction IMO than this cliche. The reaction to the cliche is almost more cliche than the cliche. I'm not talking about this board, it's every board. Just a strange phenomena (maybe not that strange, maybe people just hate it).

Anyway carry on.....Waving, you're funny IMO.

As far as Pavement goes.....Is Trey excited about it? (Obscure reference)

yeah I dunno - saw them a couple times in 94 and 95, and saw Malkmus a few years ago....what's the point in this reunion? too much time has gone by - they aren't that band anymore. And please god if it happens don't put them in Arrow Hall like the pixies.

agreed 100%

I get what you're saying that they aren't that band anymore but who isn't that true of? It sounds like something that applies to the vast majority of reassembled, stadium rock, vanity outings and everyone else.

Just saw this likely accurate hearsay on Chromewaves:

I know someone who knows someone who knows Malkmus (i know, sorry) and says those guys are in the pits financially, hence the reason for the on-off tour. Musicians touring on material/band they don’t care about anymore is sad and ruins the destructive spirit of rock music. Especially in this case, that it needs to be done with such an influential band like pavement, who I’ve heard described as the velvet underground of the 90s – will be fully revered a decade from now (they are right now but not to that extent), but not paid back for their efforts (in crowd support, etc); critical acclaim is no payback for them, i’m guessing.

Edited by Guest