Jambands.ca

Phaneuf's hit last night

Booche

It was quite the hit and Phaneuf really lined him up. Okposo was trying to come up through center and get rid of the puck. Whether Phaneuf left his feet or not I'm not 100% sure but I sm going to say it was clean.

I'd like to see him unleash one of those on Ovechkin during the Olympics :)

The issue isnt about whether or not it was a clean it because it was. My main problem with that sort of a hit is this was during a glorified practice. Did he really need to roll over him that bad? Not at all. A simple hip check would have taken him out of the play and done the job. Hefuckingdummied him for no good reason. It's not like Dion is trying to make the team.

If you're going to do that, at least respond to the challengers after that. I've never seen Scott Stevens back down to a fight after he hit a guy on the blue-line coming across. If you're going to play that way, then be the whole package and play that way, and that's where we had a big problem with that.

I'd like to see him play well enough this season to make the Olympics. Last season was a big step back.

I haven't seen the hit, but pre-season is a tune up for everyone not just rookies trying to make the team. The "respond to challengers" bit from Biron is right on the money though.

I'd like to see him play well enough this season to make the Olympics. Last season was a big step back.

I haven't seen the hit' date=' but pre-season is a tune up for everyone not just rookies trying to make the team. The "respond to challengers" bit from Biron is right on the money though. [/quote']

Let me rephrase that...

I'd like to see any Canadian player unleash one of those on Ovechkin during the Olympics :)

The issue isnt about whether or not it was a clean it because it was. My main problem with that sort of a hit is this was during a glorified practice. Did he really need to roll over him that bad? Not at all. A simple hip check would have taken him out of the play and done the job. Hefuckingdummied him for no good reason. It's not like Dion is trying to make the team.

He didn't Dummy anyone, thats how the game should be played, ya its pre-season, but isn't pre-season used to get in game form for the regular season? Welcome to the pros kid....