Jambands.ca

U2 kinda meh.

I've seen them before, and as hyped up as this tour is, I think their tours in the past have been much better.

that stage is a monster, but i think its a pretty hallow monster. t found the lighting to be pretty weak most of the time.

the crowd was lame as fuck (i gues it is u2 so whatever), and , i dunno the music just didn't do it for me.

overrrated and over blown.

i had free vip's and got to meet bono and partied in a box with some pretty interesting people, so whatever.

overrrated and over blown.

This has been my biggest U2 turn off (U2-urn off?) since probably Zooropa. I get that they are massively popular and inspire throngs of people (and I can't help but self-righteously wonder if that is largely due to a lack of exposure to anything better), but I would still put them at the top of my "most overrated bands" list, hands down. Granted I have never seen them, but the reviews I've read and clips I've seen seem to point to it being all about the spectacle at this point.

I had this conversation with a buddy of mine who majored in music and has seen them a couple of times. He says that the real star of the show, musically speaking, is The Edge's guitar tech.

Edited by Guest

The one and only time I got to see U2 was waay back during the Joshua Tree tour. 88 maybe?? Anyhow, Exhibition Stadium, Cold, late Fall but still head a hell of a time. The only relation to the shows of this week is the name on the ticket.

Strange as it may sound but I miss the 70,000+ crowds at outside stadium shows.