Jambands.ca

Oct. 3 in Ottawa: Music For Stones And Water

bradm

I'm on the mailing list of Ottawa percussionist Jesse Stewart, and his latest e-mail details something that looks pretty cool:

On Saturday October 3rd, 2009 at 3 pm (rain date Sunday October 4th, 3pm), I'll be doing a solo concert among the rock sculptures at Remic Rapid Park along the Ottawa River. For many years, sculptor John Ceprano has been creating site-specific temporary rock sculptures at Remic Rapids by balancing rocks taken from the Ottawa River on top of one another (see http://www.jfceprano.com/sculptures_2008.html for images). This year, John has invited people to perform among his sculptures. So I will be doing a solo concert there on October 3rd at 3 pm or the next day if it rains. In keeping with the location, I will be performing primarily on instruments that incorporate stone and/or water. I don't bring my stone instruments ("lithophones") out in public very often because they are heavy and somewhat fragile. But I couldn't resist for this event given the nature of the performing environment.

Here are the details:

Jesse Stewart: Music for Stones and Water

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3RD, 2009 3 PM

(RAIN DATE: SUNDAY OCTOBER 4TH, 3 PM)

Free (donations to support John's work accepted)

If you would like more information about this event, feel free to contact me via this email address or at 613-520-2600 ext. 4348.

Aloha,

Brad