Jambands.ca

Steely Dan @ Massey Hall x2 !!!!

Kanada Kev

Oh YEAH!!!! I will HAVE to find tix for the "Aja" performance. These will be absolutely stellar shows in that venue.

http://www.steelydan.com/

Nov 25 - Toronto ON - Massey Hall | Aja (Plus) | on sale 9/25

Nov 26 - Toronto ON - Massey Hall | The Royal Scam (Plus) | on sale 9/25

Rent Party '09 Tour Extends Into Autumn:

Special Setlists Shows Continue

A Leg II has been added to Dan's Rent Party '09 Tour, bringing Special Setlist shows to several more cities. Multi-night stands are again scheduled in selected markets.

All Special Setlist evenings will offer one of the following programs (see steelydan.com for specific setlist-by-date schedule):

Classic Album (Plus) Night: Setlist is one of two classic Steely Dan albums in its entirety — Aja, or The Royal Scam — plus selected additional favorites

"Takin' It To The Seats" Internet Request Night: Setlist is determined by the internet votes of ticket-holders for that show. (Ticketmaster sends buyers a voting email after purchase; please direct ballot/voting questions to Ticketmaster Support.)

Stay Tuned ...

Edited by Guest

Live Nation presents

STEELY DAN

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 8pm

Thursday, November 26, 2009 at 8pm

Massey Hall | $159.50 - $59.50

Steely Dan has been more of a conceptual framework for inventive music-making than a typical rock band. Spearheaded by a pair of resourceful musical auteurs – Donald Fagen and Walter Becker the band reached a peak of popularity in the late 1970s, with the release of seven albums blending elements of jazz, rock, funk, R&B, and pop.

The group’s masterminds Walter Becker and Donald Fagen will perform special setlist shows at Massey Hall that include a complete live rendition of landmark album Aja on Wednesday, November 25th and a performance of classic album The Royal Scam on Thursday, November 26th.

FRIENDS ON SALE: Tues September 22 at 10am

PUBLIC ON SALE: Fri September 25 at 10am

A limit of 4 tickets per show per FriendsFirst account applies.

• 2 months later...

just got back from the royal scam plus at dar constitution hall (washington, dc). tiny venue. great show as expected. they played for just over 2 hrs. on at 8:50, ended at a few minutes before 11:00. stellar band. fagen sounds great. one of the backup singers put a disc on a turntable right before they started royal scam, and then flipped sides at the appropriate moment. encore was reelin in the years. and they played aja, peg and josie, so we got almost half of the aja album.

amend my earlier post, only the second night in montreal has been cancelled.

Due to unforseen circumstances, the Sunday November 29th show at Montreal’s Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier has been cancelled. Ticket holders for the cancelled performance may exchange their tickets for seats at the November 28th show. Exchanges must be made through the Place Des Arts Box Office at (514) 842-2112 or (866) 842-2112. Alternatively, refunds will be issued through the tickets' original point of purchase. For more info please contact the Place Des Arts Box Office at (514) 842-2112 or (866) 842-2112.

and i totally forgot that i saw them at bluesfest. i found that show to be a bit underwhelming. not sure why. i recall it being quite short as well. seeing them in a small venue was a totally different experience. (although i did have a great time seeing them at the molson amphitheatre in around '97.)