Jambands.ca

Fantasy Hockey 09/10!

Hal Johnson

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hal, are we really only allowed one IR spot in our lineup?

That seems awfully low. Either add a few more (I would say up to three) or take a vote and see what others think but once someone notices their team has a few injured players, they aint gonna be too pleased.

Remember the question about man-games last season and your response?

No changing the rules part-way through the season.

Is there really only one IR spot? Kinda weird that I didn't notice that. But like DaveO said, there's lots of bench space and unlimited waiver moves. Im all for democracy though, so we can definitely have a vote. If we get 9 responses on here in the next few days in favour of changing the # of spots, I'll change it. I'll put a memo up on the site.

Last year I allowed trades based on a couple of things. A) If I thought the trade was fair based on needs of each team. B) If I thought the trade was fair based on points going each way. C) If I thought the rest of the league (not just one guy) would approve.

Ollie and Booche, your trade proposal fits in to none of the above. Aint gonna happen.

I was just coming in to find out why that trade got vetoed.

Hal, it's kinda suspect how you get the only veto rights and you are also near the top of the standings. Without a committee in place I see nofuckingway how you get the final say in ANY trade.

That is fucking way more bullshit then the trade that was in place.

Anyone not named Hal can have any of my players. I am dumping for nothing.

I don't have a problem with the Commish having power of veto, committees and voting and all that gets too complicated.

BUT I don't follow the reasons for that proposed trade getting vetoed? Looks like it helps both teams to me. And "points going each way" is meaningless because points to date don't move - it's all about projected points going each way. Using that criteria no one would ever be able to buy low, sell high.

And Dave O, I get you on the buy low, sell high idea, but my criteria isn't set in stone. It's actually rather loose. And What I mean by points going each way is that obviously you don't get to keep the points that are already there, but you can assume the player will continue on a certain pace, barring any injuries.

Edited by Guest

First - I think it's Dinghy making the deal with Booche, isn't it?

Second - Generic Senator forward? Who are you talking about?

Third - I'll try to give you my third party objective view of the trade, just for the sake of discussion and hoping that people don't get pissed off... and even more so because I'm procrastinating at work on Friday morning...

Dinghy only has one goalie, he needs a second one. Goalies are at a premium, there are none available on waivers, he's going to have to give something up to get one. He's selling high on Anderson (no one believes he can keep up this pace) to get 2 goalies who both actually play in return.

Parise for Olli Jokinen. Parise is the better player today, Dinghy is buying low hoping Jokinen and Iginla develop some chemistry (?).

Tyutin for Carle. Carle is the better player.

Booche gets the better F, Dinghy gets the better D. Booche gets the better G, but Dinghy gets 2 goalies to be able to fill his starting roster.

but you can assume the player will continue on a certain pace, barring any injuries.

So not only are you a mind reader for how the other participants in this league would react to said trade (in which you were obviously wrong) you also know how these players are going to continue for the next 70ish games?

[color:purple]Yeeeeeeeeeah, Craig Anderson is definitely going to keep that pace.

Please, tell me who to place my Pro-Line bets on this weekend and also tell me who is going to win the Stanley Cup. Thanks in advance.

Boy is my face red. I completely missed Leclaire in the deal. And I guess Jokinen is off to a slow start. But before you guys rush to lynch the commish, it should be noted that Ollies last trade was his goalie for Spezza. Now he's trading his two best players for three more Senators. What's the deal with that?

Maybe I jumped the gun on the veto, as I guess it can be construed that Jokinen, Leclaire, and Carle are worth it for Parise and Anderson, but something seems fishy.

All I want is a fair league, and if you guys (rest of the league)think it's fair, I can let the trade go through.

I really have no interest in holding all the cards. I can honestly say that I would have complained about the trade to anyone else who may have been the commish if I wasn't.

Get ready for more red because its been said already.

This trade doesnt involve Ollie.

What's the deal with that?

While you might have a hard time believing this because you are a faux fan when it comes to cheering for one team, but some fantasy players enjoy participating more when they own players who play for their favorite team.