Jambands.ca

Have we ever tried this?

Northern Wish

It's taking a lot of willpower not to post any of the hundred things I thought would be funny and just say other than Dima and NewRider, who here really talks like they despise someone on a daily basis?(Rich Stadium aside, where the hate flows strong but it's all in good fun). I just don't see it.

Slip forum please? It's just a joke, as most things are that can be construed as negative on here. This board seems to pretty soft and cushy compared to most. Maybe I've missed the threads you’re basing your opinion on, which sucks because I'd be there talking mad shit, but I don't really see what you're talking about.

Perhaps I interpret things dfferently or have a thicker skin. I dunno, but to be honest I don't think this site is that bad at all, especially when I compare it to the other forums I frequent.

I like to bust some balls here and there (Hi bouche) but never with any malicous intent, which I suspect is the case for a large majority of people here. Although, if I were to truly offend someone or am offended I would like to think it could be easily resolved with a quick PM, seeing as, for the most part, we all know each other personally or at least socially on some level.

Seriously, you edited your post?

Why? Did any of your thoughts you felt that needed to be said change?

No, you simply accuse people of having asshole persona's on this board which I'd argue no one does. Why change your post? At least it wasn't insulting like your edit which by the way is what you were complaining about to begin with.

Sean

Well, today I did a few of those things you originally listed in your now deleted post, and it seems like you were perturbed at a question I asked you in the fake Phish tour thread, so I am assuming that your now deleted post was at least partly directed towards me.

1. I posted links to other threads about the Polaris Prize because other people had posted their picks and opinions and probably wouldn't be typing them out again for two new threads asking the same question.

2. I asked a simple question in the Phish tour thread (you said you didn't think the tour was fake, I asked 'based on what?') and then you got your back up and said that based on your opinion it was real but no way would Phish play SBP etc… It was confusing. I was just asking if you had knowledge that the tour dates were real (or at least not fake).

3. Asshole online persona? Not that you're calling me that, but I definitely was that in past years. I'm waaaay nicer than I used to be. I haven't corrected anyone's grammar or spelling in months, even though it kills me not to. =)

Sorry-ish if you took anything I wrote today too personally. Tone doesn't translate too well on the interwebs.

But then again someone might get offended from this very post. Sigh.

Seriously, you edited your post?

Why? Did any of your thoughts you felt that needed to be said change?

No, you simply accuse people of having asshole persona's on this board which I'd argue no one does. Why change your post? At least it wasn't insulting like your edit which by the way is what you were complaining about to begin with.

Yes, seriously. Can you believe it???

Nope my thoughts are the same.

I changed my post to reduce the amount of this type of shit ranted in my direction.

I was activating my own Online Asshole Persona..... its easier to join em than beat em.

Thanks for keeping me in line though, I appreciate it!

Yes, seriously. Can you believe it???

Nope my thoughts are the same.

I changed my post to reduce the amount of this type of shit ranted in my direction.

I was activating my own Online Asshole Persona..... its easier to join em than beat em.

Thanks for keeping me in line though, I appreciate it!

You did say "agree with me or not" didn't you? Or did you mean "agree with me or don't reply" instead?

I dunno, but if you feel mine or Sloth's posts (the only two replies before your edit on topic) were just shit ranted at you then I would say the holier then thou attitude you originally posted about, is yours.

I did invite flaming..... Alas, I did not intend this thread to end up like this: I was just asking for a lil peace love and understanding.

No one in particular/ no post in particular/ and no topic (holier than thou, slip forum etc) was really in mind, it was a bunch of posts over the past month or so that just didn't sit well with me.

And yeah I am having a really really bad day.

For the 10 or so people who agreed with me privately, now would be the time to pipe up with your .02. It was great to hear that I am not alone, though it may seem that way.....

I am inclined to take one of two actions (having not seen the original post...

1) Be ironically rude, and make derogatory comments about hippies, one or two racial groups, and perhaps finish it all off with a hyperlink to goatse

2) Talk about how much I enjoy the board, and tend to find it filled with awesome positive people who generally (and genuinely) make me laugh on a consistent basis.

I don't think you were really that flamed at all and the only slightly negative things even directed at you I think were deserved. I truly don't see what you're going on about in regard to you calling people holier than thou and saying we all talk to each other like we despise each other on a daily basis. I just don't. I think what Esau said was bang on.

Up to the point where you edited your post the responses you had were genuinely interested in what you said and just simply expressed a view that was contradictory to yours......both were nicely put, far nicer than the broad asshole persona and

comments you posted.

Edited by Guest

To the left above my avatar, if you click my name then click "manage ignore" you can add a reason if you are so inclined, then click proceed and any opposing opinions or views I may have to yours in the future will no longer be shit ranted at you.

Problem solved, peace & understanding.

I missed this thread as it happened because I was at work, so I've had to glean its meaning. My comment:

The internet has a creative potential that often goes untapped. I was just thinking the other day the great creative oppourtunities afforded Dima in his persona. The rich-kid tour-rat with a sense of entitlement who flaunts his easily obtained access to all things kool on a message board of genuine tour-mad people is an unbelievable source of inspiration, and I think it only betrays Dimas creative immaturity that he doesn't take better advantage of it.

Look at Alice Cooper, and Hunter S Thompson. They both created a persona that would help them create (okay, Hunter's was mainly an exaggeration). Two words: Heady Epic.

Anyways, I'm glad most of us are maostly innoffensive in our online personas (by which I mean our digital selves), but I'm glad some of us (and it's usually pretty quick to figure who's who) are a bit more over the top.

I don't come here just for information. I come here to read what Dima got backstage to, and for AD to correct my spelling, and for bradm to make puns and verify facts, and to see what spouts from Booche's almost brilliant fingers, and to find out details about musicI'll never hear from esau, but mostly to stroke my own ego by posting my insightfully lucid and astoundingly clever thoughts and opinions in a public forum.