Jambands.ca

Loving the Ghost in the Machine

TheAlphaNerd

I tried skipping down a few paragraphs but it read like the author was trying to obfuscate would could be a straightforward discussion.

As for Kanye, gotta admit I'm only really familiar with his 808's and Heartbreak disc but the production really impressed me -- I find it to be very Peter Gabriel (circa album #3) influenced.

The sad thing is Kanye is a way better artist than his antics imply.

... gotta admit I'm only really familiar with his 808's and Heartbreak disc but the production really impressed me -- I find it to be very Peter Gabriel (circa album #3) influenced.

Is there any indication or evidence that shows he actually did anything other than speak into some electronics on this release? Sure, he 'sang', but that was into an auto-tune vocoder device. He couldn't even come up with that.

I'd like to see why he should be considered an artist. I saw him perform on leno's new show, and I must say, walking around a stage with a mic while other people are performing, doesn't make an artist. That's pretty much the same example as any other time I've seen him.

Who are you to define what an artist is?

I haven't tried to define what an artist is. But here's one common definition found on google

" artist, creative person (a person whose creative work shows sensitivity and imagination)"

I'm defining who I believe is NOT an artist. That would be Kanye West.

Is there any indication or evidence that shows he actually did anything other than speak into some electronics on this release? Sure, he 'sang', but that was into an auto-tune vocoder device. He couldn't even come up with that.

Lyrics, melody, sampling, arranging, producing...

For someone so into production and recording techniques I don't know how you can look past those aspects in terms of artistry.

Music is constantly evolving. You can't discredit something just because it doesn't use the same techniques that people used 40 years ago.

Granted, there is a lot of bad hip hop and dance music out there but thank god not everyone judges rock music based on Nickelback.

Is there any indication or evidence that shows he actually did anything other than speak into some electronics on this release? Sure' date=' he 'sang', but that was into an auto-tune vocoder device. He couldn't even come up with that.[/quote']

Lyrics, melody, sampling, arranging, producing...

For someone so into production and recording techniques I don't know how you can look past those aspects in terms of artistry.

Music is constantly evolving. You can't discredit something just because it doesn't use the same techniques that people used 40 years ago.

Granted, there is a lot of bad hip hop and dance music out there but thank god not everyone judges rock music based on Nickelback.

I just dont' see any creativity in ripping off Daft PUnk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" and putting out a thing called "stronger".

Shit he made alot of money off of their creativity.

I just dont' see any creativity in ripping off Daft PUnk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" and putting out a thing called "stronger".

Shit he made alot of money off of their creativity.

While I don't care for kayne's music or any of that genre really - did he blatantly just steal the samples or did he have permission to use them? Simple question.

Because I could list numerous musicians/bands who made a lot of money of other peoples creativity.