Jambands.ca

Surprise me Mr. Davis November Tour * slip inside

Jay Funk Dawg

Hey just checking out what The Barr brothers are up ton and I noticed they are back on the move this fall.

Did anyone read that Marco Benevento has joined Surprise Me Mr. Davis side project... I just read it on their new myspace bio:

Surprise Me Mr. Davis is an electro-folk band consisting of folksinger Nathan Moore, the members of avant-rock band The Slip and the newest member, dazzling pianist Marco Benevento. They formed in 2003 in Boston while Moore was visiting The Slip at their apartment and the Blizzard of 2003 hit. They were snowed in at the Barr brothers Mission Hill home for five days with a brand new stereo microphone and computer.This storm was the catalyst for a home recording session. In 2005 they ventured into the Breakglass Studio in Montreal to track some songs which were released in a limited edition on their Only In Montreal EP. The EP is a supercharged electro-folk record with many a tender moment. Only in Montreal EP.

Check out new song Sissyfuss on myspace pages:

http://www.myspace.com/surprisememrdavis

Brad's guitar work is great on this new track - some of the band's best recording to date.

I'm thinking of hitting up one of these dates of Suprise Me Mr Davis' Tour or the Slip at the end of November. Maybe also check out Phish on that same run.

Surprise Me Mr Davis Shows

Nov 14, 2009

Bear Creek Music Festival, LIVE OAK, Florida

Nov 13, 2009

Bear Creek Music Festival, LiVE OAK, Florida

Nov 18, 2009

Middle East Downstairs w/Land of Talk Cambridge, Massachusetts

Nov 19, 2009

Club Metronome w/Land of Talk

Burlington, Vermont

Nov 20, 2009

Iron Horse w/Land of Talk

Northampton, Massachusetts

Nov 21, 2009

Mercury Lounge w/Land of Talk

NYC, New York

The Slip's Upcoming show

Nov 28, 2009

Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel

Providence, Rhode Island

--

PHISH

Nov 27, 2009

Times Union Center

Albany, New York

and The SLIP on Nov 28, 2009 sounds like a killer weekend in NY. Anyone interested?

p.s. Watch for the Slip & Surprise Me Davis in Toronto sometime soon.

-jay