Jambands.ca

Gov't Mule - Tuesday, Oct. 27 @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre

Jay Funk Dawg

... with all the great show this month - I almost forgot about this great show with Warren Hayes and the Crew - any one gonna be there?

LN_GovtMule_TO_facebook.jpg

An Evening With…

GOV’T MULE

http://www.mule.net

http://www.myspace.com/govtmule

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2009

QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE – TORONTO

Doors: 6:30PM Show: 7:30PM

Tickets $35 at Rotate This, Soundscapes and Ticketmaster

Online Tickets http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/412546

Facebook Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=88914684948

Gov't Mule is proud to announce that their latest record, 'By A Thread' is set for an October 27th release.. Their first studio album in three years, 'By A Thread' finds the Mule, lead guitarist and frontman Warren Haynes, drummer Matt Abts, keyboardist Danny Louis, and bassist Jorgen Carlsson, adding a newfound shot of soul to their classic power-band sound. The band is currently on short break between legs of a massive worldwide tour which will resume in September.

By A Thread' was recorded largely in the Texas Hill Country at Willie Nelson's Pedernales Studio in 2009. The album’s origins are apparent from the first track, “Broke Down On The Brazos,†named after the nearby river, with a deep Texas stomp for the backbeat and featuring what Rolling Stone recently called "an incendiary duel with ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons." Perhaps less descriptively named, “Steppin’ Lightly†is another burner, set off by the soulful vocals and mind-bending guitar work of Haynes, who proves anew why Rolling Stone named him one of the Top 25 guitarists of all time, and why he was voted Best Rock Guitarist in Guitar Player Magazine’s 2009 Reader’s Poll.

Gov't Mule has had over 2 million paid song downloads through their site MuleTracks and released nearly a dozen acclaimed and bestselling albums while emerging as a major touring force, routinely headlining pavilions, theaters, and festivals.

• 2 weeks later...

WoooooHooooo ... one more sleep ;)

Last night's setlist (WOW!):

10.25.2009 Royal Oak Theatre Royal Oak, MI

Set 1

Broke Down On The Brazos

Larger Than Life >

Rockin' Horse

Banks Of The Deep End

Railroad Boy >

Monday Mourning Meltdown >

Forevermore

I Think You Know What I Mean >

When The Levee Breaks >

I Think You Know What I Mean

Slackjaw Jezebel

Set 2

Soulshine

Wandering Child

The Letter

New World Blues >

Drums

Steppin' Lightly

Lay Your Burden Down

Mr. Man

Encore with Jackie Green

Loser

Southern Man

10.25.2009 Royal Oak Theatre Royal Oak, MI

Set 1

Broke Down On The Brazos

Larger Than Life >

Rockin' Horse

Banks Of The Deep End

Railroad Boy >

Monday Mourning Meltdown >

Forevermore

I Think You Know What I Mean >

When The Levee Breaks >

I Think You Know What I Mean

Slackjaw Jezebel

Set 2

Soulshine

Wandering Child

The Letter

New World Blues >

Drums

Steppin' Lightly

Lay Your Burden Down

Mr. Man

Encore with Jackie Green

Loser

Southern Man

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=529288

Aloha,

Brad

10.27.2009 Queen Elizabeth Theatre Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Set 1

Blind Man In The Dark

Mr. High & Mighty

Broke Down On The Brazos

About To Rage

Steppin' Lightly

Gameface >

Trane > with Third Stone From The Sun & Norwegian Wood Teases

Eternity's Breath >

St. Stephen Jam

Thorazine Shuffle

Set 2

Railroad Boy >

Monday Morning Meltdown >

Forevermore

Painted Silver Light >

Drums

Streamline Woman

Mule

Encore with Gordie Johnson

Long Distance Call

Smokestack Lightning

I'm A Ram

Aloha,

Brad

I'm friggin' TIRED today ;) Great times last night. The Mule delivered, yet again. Great theatre for them as well. We had such an easy time getting in, out, beers, etc. Security were totally reasonable near us. Had our elbows on the stage right up front for the first set. Good running into a lot of friends. Thanks for the company on the train with all the Metallica-Heads Josh :D

First set ran over 1.5hrs iirc !!!

It was weird to go to Toronto and see half of Port Dover in the front row of the Queen Elizabeth Theatre. Guess I've lived away from that area for too long, because one of the dudes who I've known for 20+ years (Jason 'Byrd' Misener, who went out with my neighbour Haley when I was in highschool) didn't even recognize me. Oh well...

1st set was stronger than the second.

I didn't have the best time - but I only got there for the 2nd set... most people I spoke with thought that set 1 was way better.

I think Warren is a way better guitar player then songwriter - especially his later output seems to be in that loud Blues Rock vein - and lacks the dynamics of his previous work. I really wish that they'd do some acoustic stuff to break up the set. The Drum solo seemed very lack-lustre - he was very proficient but it didn't seem musical.

It was a treat to have Gordie Johnson of Big Sugar/Grady up there - although they traded some great blues licks - it was some pretty cliche stuff. People I talked to outside tole me that they hate Gordie and that they'd rather him not be up there - I disagree but I hear their point of Gordie often making an appearance at their Toronto shows.

That being said "I'm a Ram" was probably my favorite song of the night.