Jambands.ca

Rheostatics in Toronto next Saturday (Oct 24)

AD

The Rheostatics will reunite as part of an event honouring Canadian author, playwright, screenwriter and musician Paul Quarrington next Saturday.

The defunct Toronto band, who split up in 2007, will be the special musical guests at an event to be held at Toronto's Harbourfront Centre as part of the International Festival Of Authors.

Former Rheostatics singer/guitarist Dave Bidini will host the event, which is being directed by TV comedy writer and producer Lorne Frohman and will also feature appearances from authors Margaret Atwood, David Bezmogis, Wayson Choy, Roddy Dyle, Alistair MacLeod and Nino Ricci. The PorkBelly Futures and the Quarrington Trio will also perform at the event.

Tickets are $18 in advance through readings.org or $20 at the door.

Bidini released an album with his new band, BidiniBand, earlier this year. Singer/guitarist Martin Tielli is working on a new solo album, while singer/guitarist Tim Vesely is now a member of The Violet Archers.

You can see BidiniBand at Edmonton's Haven Social Club on Nov. 19 and at Calgary's Local 522 the next day.

More info here

Me too. Their first farewell show cost me well over $1000 to get there from Moncton...

And to add I wonder if this will be the whole band. The way things ended I just don't see Tim and Martin on stage together again EVER.

I saw Bidini on Friday at the Capital. Still one of the greatest musicians ever, great guy, great lyricist.