Jambands.ca

movie & tv links question

Jay Funk Dawg

Hey Everyone,

I don't know how many of you have been watching TV on the computer but I'm been at it a bit this summer when some friend from out of town showed me a couple cool links.

I'm having a hard time remembering the link names but http://tvshack.net is one that I've been using to watch 30 Rock...

any other links I should be aware of?

I can't speak for most or all networks, but i know ABC won't allow viewers outside of the US.

This is true, however many of the best US network shows are carried on Canadian channels, so you can stream programs on CTV, Global, CBC and even specialty channels such as Space etc...

Downloading still hurts the TV industry, which is similar to burning or illeally downloading music.

Hence the reason there is an insanane amount of product integration in shows now. Once you start looking for it, you'll see it everywhere.

PVR's and VCRs allow you to skip through commercials too. Hell, they used to produce commercials that would still get enough visual recognition of logos or brands while being viewed in FF-mode :)

Most legally streamed TV product still forces ads and previews before gaining acceess to the content. On top of that, it usually surrounds the viewing area on the web page as well.

Not arguing for or against, but at least TV seems to be adapting a bit better to our new age of technology than the music biz in this sense.