Jambands.ca

GNFNR Canadian Tour

DevO

From here: http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/generalarticlesynopsfullart.aspx?csid1=137&csid2=844&fid1=41907

Gun N’ Roses Announce Canadian Tour

10/19/2009 By Brock Thiessen

By the looks of things, Gun N’ Roses will finally come out of hiding and mark their return to the public sphere with a Canadian tour. According to Ticketmaster’s listings and a press release from promoters Live Nation, Axl Rose and co. will be playing a string of dates north of the border come January, including stops in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

The tour is apparently being dubbed the “Chinese Democracy World Tour,†though so far the North American dates appear to be limited to Canada. The live dates would mark Guns N’ Roses’ first in North America in support of their infamous Chinese Democracy album, and would follow a mini-tour in Asia later this year .

In typical G N’ R fashion, the band have yet to confirm the dates on their website. Nevertheless, all signs point to this tour being official, with tickets going on sale later this week.

Guns N’ Roses Canadian tour dates, as confirmed by Live Nation:

1/13 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre

1/16 Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledome

1/17 Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

1/19 Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre

1/20 Regina, SK - Brandt Centre

1/24 Hamilton, ON - January 24

1/25 London, ON - John Labatt Centre

1/27 Montreal, PQ - Bell Centre

1/28 Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

1/31 Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place

2/1 Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi

2/3 Moncton, NB - Moncton Coliseum

2/4 Halifax, NS - Metro Centre

Finally a return to the Hammer! My first concert ever was GNR at Copps in 1994 I believe.. Maybe 93. Brian May Band opened. Awesome show.

from cp24...

The band -- which now includes Axl Rose, Frank Ferrer, Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Ron (Bumblefoot) Thal, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman and Dj Ashba -- is scheduled to begin rehearsals in Los Angeles shortly, according to a release from Live Nation.

I'd be reeeeal surpised if they/Axl fills any of those rooms. Chinese Demorcracy couldn't have been any more of a flop (although I like it), and I think Axl has successfully convinced the world that he's a complete idiot.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I won't be here to see any of those shows...

Grade 7 me will hate 30-something me if I miss this when it's 5 minutes from home.

Saw this circus last time they toured and honestly, grade 7 you is better left unscathed by the total destruction of whatever was awesome about GNR. Honestly... so fucking bad. I mean Axl can still sing, and he is entertaining, but seriously... the band is a really, really bad parody of what was one of the greatest rock bands ever.

I mean Axl can still sing,

Axl could sing?!?!?!? ;)

I remember a story my buddy John Parker told me one time after he heard GnR open for Iron Maiden in Moncton. He said Axl's voice was soooooo bad live that he said to himself "well there's one band thats going NOWHERE". This was right about the time Appetite was being released.

the band is a really, really bad parody of what was one of the greatest rock bands ever.

I'll agree about that. This is not GNR, this is an Axl solo project. My GNR contains Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin and Axl.

Personally I tried to listen to Chinese Democracy twice but couldn't even get all the way through either time.