Jambands.ca

Halloweiner!

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by Biff:

6ftgroove - if you can't even travel 10 minutes to support a band, then why do you feel people should support yours?

thats a fair and excellent question.

that statement had some truth to it, but wasn't meant to be taken too literally or anything. it was a bit of an exagerration.

that said...

the idea (which seems really prevelent here) of travelling so far to see your favorite bands is kinda new to me. (not new as a concept, but i've just never been a part of any sort of simalar scene as such)

i guess i'm sorta used to only supporting (if you can call it that) local music, and it has to be music i enjoy. i can't support local music if i don't dig it. K-W has alot of punk bands, and i just can't go to those types of shows.

by the same token...

i would never expect anyone from vermont to travel to k-w to see me, and i wouldn't expect anyone who didn't dig the band to show up at a show. and even if someone who dug the band and was a block away from a show didn't make it cuz CSI was on or something, i wouldn't be too upset.

i think the level of devotion displayed here is a great thing, especially for the band that gets the support. i'm jeleous more than anything.

Archived