Jambands.ca

Drive-By Truckers at The Phoenix Sun. Nov. 8th

NewRider

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think it was a draw. I know I signed up before a lot of other folks so I have no idea why I didn't win through the JD site. Oh well. I'm in.

c-clowns, check out the Edge 102 site. They were giving away tickets on there too. I'm not sure if that contest is closed or not but it's worth a shot.

To all those living in fear over this. They gave out 200 tickets. With guests that's 400. This fills HALF of The Phoenix. Also, think of the people that won that can't go, don't have a guest etc. The good folk at Jack Daniel's don't want the world's greatest rock band playing to a half full room. If you want to go and you didn't win or whatever, SHOW UP! You will get in. These aren't front row Phish tickets brah, you'll get in. Stop sweating it.

To all those living in fear over this. They gave out 200 tickets. With guests that's 400. This fills HALF of The Phoenix. Also, think of the people that won that can't go, don't have a guest etc. The good folk at Jack Daniel's don't want the world's greatest rock band playing to a half full room. If you want to go and you didn't win or whatever, SHOW UP! You will get in. These aren't front row Phish tickets brah, you'll get in. Stop sweating it.

Yeah, pretty much what I've been telling my wife, she wants to be there early to stand in line. I've been trying to tell her, there's not going to be any line.

BTW, babysitter found. I was getting worried there for a minute.

As long as its not run by the same people as at the Church last summer you should be fine. Can you 100% confirm only 200 passes were given out? What about friends of the band? Friends of the venue? Friends of security? Friends of the crew?

Those may have been 200 of the "legit" passes handed out. I would go early based on what i saw happen last year. Good luck and have fun all... im jealous.

Edited by Guest

200 passes (1+ guest) through the JD website and I believe it was 102.1 (I forget for sure) was also giving away passes. But assuming it's the same as the JD site (200 - 1+ guest) that will still leave 200 from capacity (1000ppl) if every winner & guest attend, so that leaves 200 "friends of" possibilities, and on a sunday I think that's sorta a stretch. I'd still try to be there early though.

I wouldn't travel any great distances without knowing I could get in, but if your not busy, in the GTA and want to see the band I'd say it's worth a shot.

Actually, I have a question here, hopefully someone will know.

My printer is out of ink, so if I forward my voucher to someone could they print it for me?

Or should I sign into my email at their place and print it out? I'm just curious if my email addres (and name) need to be on the paper I bring to the show.

i agree with POG....last year (diff. place i know) there was not only the "guest list" but the promoter list which seemed like it had thousands of people on it. the only reason we got in to the show was begging because we drove 4 hrs from ottawa.

i wouldn't risk a long drive with no ticket and if i go i'll get there early!

course i don't know shit about these JD people....

mmmm JD...

My Daddy played poker on a stump in the woods back in his younger days

Prohibition was the talk, but the rich folks walked to the woods where my Daddy stayed

Jugs and jars from shiners, these old boys here, they ain't miners

They came from the twenty-niners

It didn't take a hole in the ground to put the bottom in their face

Back in the thirties when the dust bowl dried

And the woods in Alabama didn't see no light

My Daddy played poker by a hard wood fire

Squeezing all his luck from a hot copper wire

Scrap like a wildcat fights till the end

Trap a wildcat and take his skin

Deal from the bottom, put the ace in the hole

One hand on the jug but you never do know

Son come running

You better come quick

This rotgut moonshine is making me sick

Your Mama called the law and they're gonna take me away

Down so far even the Devil won't stay

Where I call to the Lord with all my soul

I can hear him rattling the chains on the door

He couldn't get in I could see he tried

Through the shadows of the cage around the forty watt light

Daddy tell me another story

Tell me about the lows and the highs

Tell me how to tell the difference between what they tell me is the truth or a lie

Tell me why the ones who have so much make the ones who don't go mad

With the same skin stretched over their white bones and the same jug in their hand

My Daddy played poker on a stump in the woods back when the world was gray

Before black and white went and chose up sides and gave a little bit of both their way

The only blood that's any cleaner is the blood that's blue or greener

Without either you just get meaner and the blood you gave gives you away

jamguy.gif

Does anyone know if there are barcodes on the tickets?

If not would someone be willing to forward me the email so I can print one for myself?

Your name needs to be on the guest list. The email is not the ticket.

To get your ticket, you must present this email voucher and a photo ID as proof of age at the door, where your name will be matched to the invitation list.