Jambands.ca

IE issue with the site (fixed)

Booche

Stop using IE because it's "stupid"? That's a compelling argument. lolxz.gif

What I find stupid is the amount of resources/memory Firefox requires to run opposed to IE. I just started using Firefox again after the site had issues and was hopeful it had improved, sadly after a few days of use I see it hasn't.

76895587.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it, maybe its the bookmark addon I'm using (although doubtful) but I think I'm going give Google's Chrome a go again, I didn't like when it first became available. It was clunky & didn't gel well with some things I did but reading up on a few forums it seems it may be better now-a-days.

I'd run linux, but no matter how many times I use it I just don't care for it's interface - although, being able to run the OS from CD is great especially the few times when I've had a system error that didn't allow me to boot xp to save my files before a clean install.

What I find stupid is the amount of resources/memory Firefox requires to run opposed to IE. I just started using Firefox again after the site had issues and was hopeful it had improved, sadly after a few days of use I see it hasn't.

Firefox IS definitely a memory hog. I have to shut it down when things start chugging along. It's usually kicking along at 300 MB for me. I believe that has to do with the amount of tabs that it has to keep track of. Even after you close them, there is a significant of memory still being used to hang onto many of these items, or it's just fragmented.

Mozillazine's explanation here

I still use firefox though. There isn't a perfect browser out there. I use Safari on my mac and IE for most work related stuff (web dev, debugging, design) because that's what our clients have to use internally.

Yeah, I was on the FireFox wagon for a few years but I couldn't help notice what a hog it was and how it slowly become unstable on my system (random hangups).

I switched to Chrome over a month ago and I love it. It's very lightweight with a very clean design, which admittedly took me a while to get used to but now I dig it.