Jambands.ca

Raptors Fan Forum 2009/10

Jaimoe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ACC was definitely shaking last night. Crowd was great, and I truly could not believe that the Raps won that game when all was said and done.

Probably the first legitimate sell out of the season since opening night, too. Actually, just checked the box score to see they had over 20,000 there last night, which means plenty of standing-room only tickets were also sold.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bosh likely done for regular season

Updated: April 7, 2010, 7:58 PM ET

"TORONTO -- Toronto All-Star forward Chris Bosh is expected to need "weeks" to recover after surgery to repair a facial fracture suffered when he was struck by Antawn Jamison's elbow.

"He took a pretty good blunt trauma to the face," said Dr. Paul Marks, Raptors medical director.

Bosh

Bosh

Bosh had a displaced nasal fracture repaired Wednesday in an operation performed by Dr. Frank Papay at the Cleveland Clinic. He will remain in the hospital overnight, and is scheduled to return to Canada Thursday.

The Raptors have a one-game lead over Chicago for the final spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs with five games left, including Wednesday night's game against Boston, and aren't likely to get Bosh back before the end of the regular season.

"It's not a fracture that would require screws or plates or anything like that," Marks said. "It's just a small flap of bone, per se, that's been put back in the right position so that it maintains that structural integrity. This would be in the time frame of weeks, perhaps, to set in place and to be healed."

Toronto's leading scorer sustained a "maxilla and nasal fracture to the right side of his face" when he was accidentally struck by the Cavaliers' forward in the opening minutes of Tuesday night's 113-101 loss to Cleveland.

"It's disappointing for him because he'd been playing very well and it's disappointing for us as a team," coach Jay Triano said. "We wish him all the best and hopefully he gets healthy."

Bosh was coming across the foul lane when he was hit by Jamison's flailing left arm. Bosh immediately dropped to the floor and grabbed his head in anguish as blood streamed from his face. He was taken to the Cleveland Clinic, where a CT scan revealed the fractures.

Marks said Bosh was checked by an ophthalmologist, who said there were no vision problems. The maxilla fracture was non-displaced, and did not require surgery, but the decision was made to repair the nasal fracture.

After hosting the Celtics, the Raptors play at Atlanta on Friday before hosting the Bulls on Sunday. They'll play at Detroit on Monday before ending the regular season with a home game against the New York Knicks.

"We have five games left to solidify this season and make it worth something," Raptors swingman Antoine Wright said.

The Raptors have lost 15 of 22 and are 3-4 without Bosh this season.

"When something like this happens it's time to rally, it's not time to fold the tents," Triano said.

Reggie Evans started in Bosh's place against the Celtics, while Hedo Turkoglu returned to the starting lineup in place of Wright, who left Tuesday's game with a sore right ankle.

Bosh, who is eligible for free agency after this season, is averaging 24.3 points and 11 rebounds per game, both career highs.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press"

And now Turk is wearing a face-shield and hates it, Wright and Johnson both have ankles and Barg's still can't find his testes...

I'm actually hoping they miss the playoffs and it either gives Bosh fuel to know he's needed or it makes the decision easy and apparent right away so we can just go ahead and start saving for the draft at the end of next season or start courting a new front man.

Either way, these Raps aren't going to the second round so they're just the fall guys for a shitty first round series where the officials might as well be playing for all the obvious bullshit that happens to a team when they're expected to loose.

I actually have a feeling that the injury "means" Bosh still has too much to proove here. I also think he is the kind of guy who wouldn't be able to handle it if a city like Toronto started acting as if he was Vince Carter and started booing him. He's too sensitive and he loves it here. Toronto can compete with any other team this off-season as far as paying players and I see them going out of their way to keep Bosh rather than to have to find an equally talented new "star" for the franchise. I don't think this team's faces will change much, and I don't think it's an excuse to say that injuries and too little chemistry too late were the things that bumped them out of the playoff race.

Am I the only one who has never been totally sold on Bosh? I mean, there's probably nicer, less funny ways to put it, but I though it was fairly apt when Shaq called him the "Rupaul" of big men in the league. Whenever I watch he completely disappears against good teams. Nice guy, loves the city, yadda, yadda, yadda...but lets get us a winner up in here, yo!!

Edited by Guest