Jambands.ca

Raptors Fan Forum 2009/10

Jaimoe

I have always felt that while Bosh is an All-Star and an A-plus power forward as far as everything that counts (scoring, rebounds, assists, and holding-your-own defensively) he is not a "franchise" type player. He's a little too "nice" to be a super-star, and too real to be intimidating for opponents as a leader of a hard-ass team. That said, we need him if we want to win short term, we just also need guys like Turk and Banana to show up, NIGHTLY, not every couple of games when it really counts. I think the Raps need one of their small forwards to mature into a meanfuckingleader who doesn't take shit, and they need healthy back-ups like Belli, Amir, Calderon/Jack, and most importantly a FIT and ready to rumble Reggie Evans. He did not perform this year at all and he is a presence when he is moving quicker.

I've always wanted a legit centre in T.O. I really wanted Bogut, but not so much anymore. I think Boston is gonna have a fire sale after the playoffs, we may be able to pick up someone with some leadership experience from down there. Otherwise, kaput.

Bosh leaves, they get nothing in return of value. No one will come to play with this bunch of under-achievers who can actually make a difference if he leaves on a sour note.

mytwocents

while I'm at it,

fuckyouIloveyou Hal,

long time no see.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too long man! FuckyouandIloveyoutoo! And your right, Bosh would be great if was part of a bigger picture, ie had a supporting cast. Weird thing about this team is that they SUPPOSEDLY had all the pieces in place to be a presence in the east, providing everyone played to their potential. And they seemed to too, for about 12 games, and then who knows what the hell happened. Very frustrating team to follow.

Ah well, you think Lebron does it this year?

I don't think Bosh has it in him to be "the guy". However he would make a great second piece to someone like Wade or Lebron.

He's a great player but much like Vince Carter he doesn't have the attitude to consistently put a team on his back and win the big games.

I don't think the Raptors have the resources at this time to make a winner out of this team with Bosh.

I've always wanted a legit centre in T.O. I really wanted Bogut, but not so much anymore. I think Boston is gonna have a fire sale after the playoffs, we may be able to pick up someone with some leadership experience from down there.

Otherwise, kaput.

Bosh leaves, they get nothing in return of value. No one will come to play with this bunch of under-achievers who can actually make a difference if he leaves on a sour note.

If he re-signs, two years and they'll have a winning record, four years and they're back out of the playoffs, IF they don't acquire (or produce) another top-shelf player.

I don't think Bosh has it in him to be "the guy". However he would make a great second piece to someone like Wade or Lebron.

He's a great player but much like Vince Carter he doesn't have the attitude to consistently put a team on his back and win the big games.

I don't think the Raptors have the resources at this time to make a winner out of this team with Bosh.

He's nothing like Wince. He bangs, plays hurt and gets double and triple-teamed, and his mom doesn't have a choice parking spot nor did his mom lobby to get a statue made for him. He also didn't go to his graduation on the same day as a playoff game nor did he admit to quitting on Toronto during a TV inteview with John Thompson. I want to gut Carter like the pig he is.

Sorry, I wasn't saying Bosh is a wimp/whiner like Vince. I was just trying to point out he is a good to great player but he is not enough to win it or I think even lead a team to win it.

I DO think he would be a great second piece for someone such as Wade, Lebron, Kobe etc... Unfortunately there are only so many guys like that in the league. I don't think Bosh is one. He needs to be a Pippen to someone as Jordan.