Jambands.ca

American Pie

Kanada Kev

Very interesting read. Fascinating socio-economic look at the state of the USA and the world in the cyclical patterns of our humanity. Music is a powerful force and is doing very little in the current state of affairs as it has been able to do in the past. Ever since September 11, 2001 I have wondered where are all the protest songs? Seems that any out there were quickly squelched and the greed of the artists took over with the threat of losing their contracts. Any that are out there are very low on the radar kept away from the masses hearing them. When will the public start to listen? Something needs to trigger it. I think we're in for a change in the very near future.

http://theburningplatform.com/economy/american-pie-1

Edited by Guest

Imma let you finish, but...

Oh, never mind. :P

I've always figured that if any art form is going to kick off some kind of seismic shift (and, imo, the jury's still out on the effect of music), it won't be coming from music, but from some totally unforeseen or unrecognised art form. My hopes are that something we don't even really know much about in China is going to take root, because the torch for bringing about global catastrophe is really being passed on to them, and it's their counterculture that we really have to keep our hopes pinned on.