Jambands.ca

Hillside Inside 2010

NewRider

yeah shit this is turning into a repeat of previous Hillsides...

What a dilemna - I live 2 blocks away, and there is shit all in the winter to do here...this is supposed to be a break from that!

Does Sam Baijal think he is PT Anderson? You can't keep re-using this cast!

IMO Woodhands is friggin' brilliant - their set at Hillside this summer was a throw-down! And Martin Sexton does not make it to these parts enough to bitch about - he is one hell of a gifted performer...

Ani, please go away. Hawksley, enough is enough...

Whew, I was patiently awaiting ADs post.....

Its not just me then eh? Terrible lineup IMO.

Lets see: $15 for Ani advance, $15 for Hawksley, the rest at $8 gives me $78.

Where is the value? In the second round of artists additions perhaps??

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but a quick glance at Ani's website shows that tickets for her current tour run more than double that, starting at around $32 USD.

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but a quick glance at Ani's website shows that tickets for her current tour run more than double that, starting at around $32 USD.

I think what he's doing is saying how much he would pay to see each of them. I could be mistaken though. A lot of people look at festival pricing that way.

I'm surprised at all the Ani hate around here.

me too. and disappointed too. but that's ok. more room on the floor for me. :)

I don’t have a specific lineup in mind, I just wish they wouldn’t recycle the last couple years of Hillside Outside performers for the Inside fest…

Let me break it down:

Ani DiFranco%

Bahamas*

Basia Bulat%

Delhi 2 Dublin*

Final Fantasy*

Hawksley Workman#

Martin Sexton#

Woodhands*

*Hillside 2009

#Hillside 2008

%Hillside 2007

Hell I love Martin Sexton and Woodhands and can do with a couple wicked repeats but all of them?

How about some of these? (I had more but deleted this by mistake..)

Mainstage:

The Hold Steady

…And They Will Know Us By The Trail Of Our Dead

Cat Empire

Sidestage:

RWTK

TMDP

Joe Pernice

Fox Jaws

Wooden Shjips

I'm surprised at all the Ani hate around here. I bought Fista tix a couple of years ago - $50 a piece ( I really had no interest in going either, but apparently I was supposed to...). Little much in price, but shit, can she play the guitar! Don't care what any of you say. She's a PHENOMENAL musician.

No one's saying she's not a good musician. Joanna Newsome is good musician as well, doesn't mean I wouldn't pay to see someone remove her vocal chords. Ani just doesn't do anything for me, in fact makes me cringe to hear her name.

Agreed on the recycled douchitude of the lineup. It reflects the goodwill that Baijal has engendered with the artists and that he likely got the bottom or beneath their offer. That explains all of them particularly a bigger name like Ani, Sexton is a throwback to the dirtbag granola's that started the festival, yadda yadda. Woodhands slay though.

And if Hold Steady ever played Hillside I would make it my life's mission to get kicked in the fucking chest and booted out for having toy wooden handguns.

Or how about some newer meat like those in our wonderful lists from AD, flipozo and DaveO.

For me:

RAA

Deep Dark Woods

Elliot Brood

The Acorn

Japandriods

Timbre Timbre

NQ Arbuckle

Destroyer

Bruce Peninsula

Wolf Parade

Jim Bryson

BidiniBand

Holy Fuck

Fucked Up

Grand Theft Bus

Tireless Sedans!!

Just new stuff is all I am saying. Maybe some of thse bands have played before I don't know- but I would pay to see them at Inside.