Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Umphrey's McGee @ Opera House

Jay Funk Dawg

11/11/09 Opera House, Toronto, ON

Set I: 2nd Self, Got Your Milk (Right Here)> Made To Measure> Syncopated Strangers, Intentions Clear, KaBump> Andy's Last Beer

Set II: Wappy Sprayberry1> White Man's Moccasins, Ringo> Bloody Well Right> Ringo, Rocker Part II, Resolution

Encore: Bridgeless> Glory> Bridgeless

Looks like a pretty decent setlist. All depends on how they played it of course and I wasn't there. Oh how I wish I could have been. The Resolution to end the 2nd and the Encore would have been worth the price of admission I'm thinkin.

((sigh))

11/11/09 Opera House, Toronto, ON

Set I: 2nd Self, Got Your Milk (Right Here)> Made To Measure> Syncopated Strangers, Intentions Clear, KaBump> Andy's Last Beer

Set II: Wappy Sprayberry1> White Man's Moccasins, Ringo> Bloody Well Right> Ringo, Rocker Part II, Resolution

Encore: Bridgeless> Glory> Bridgeless

Looks like a pretty decent setlist. All depends on how they played it of course and I wasn't there. Oh how I wish I could have been. The Resolution to end the 2nd and the Encore would have been worth the price of admission I'm thinkin.

((sigh))

That list leaves out the (short, less than three-minute) "No Quarter" Led Zeppelin cover/tease in the first set (it might have led into "Syncopated Strangers"), which was to my ears the one let-down of the night. Aside from that, it was a blast of a show, especially when Jamie Shields of The New Deal sat in on keys for the opening tune of the second set.

Aloha,

Brad

how about the fucking losers who are in charge of security at the Opera house? I'm not asking for free reign with joints, but lighten up (ha) for fucks sake! The Opera house has always (always!) had the worst rep for intense security scrutiny but who the fuck are we all hurting by smoking joints outside? I can drink till I puke and get behind the wheel, but GOD FORBID anyone lights a joint outside the opera house. WHO ARE WE HURTING?

Can someone (jaydawg - sorry I didn't say hey last night, I was too busy trying to HIDE from security outside to smoke a joint.) - jaydawg, whoever promoted this show talk to the militant fucks in charge of security and tell them to ease up on the joint crackdowns? (inside or out).

While I got patted down on my way in, the security guy didn't through the pockets of my jeans or my jacket, and didn't even ask to look into my backpack. The only restriction on the use of my mic stand was that I wasn't allowed to set it up on the floor, so I put it beside the board, where I wanted it to be.

Aloha,

Brad

I forgot I had half a joint in my smoke pack when i went in, I actually thought I lost it as I was looking for it earlier, sure enough the security dude found hit and I laughed "Hey, There it is, I was looking for that earlier, wanna go smoke that outside?"

The guy didn't find it funny.

not only that, but do they still have the dude working in that dingy bathroom downstairs??? THAT has to be the biggest joke. Yeah, like i really need some guy to hand me a towel, some "cologne", etc. and then fork over cash. It's a piss hole fer cryin' out loud.

BTW ... it must be the same asshole security guys who work there as at The Phoenix and Kool Haus. All notoriously un-KIND.

Glad to hear that the music all made up for it.