Jambands.ca

cell phone gettin'

backbacon

I'm gettin' a cell phone. Any advice on gettin' one of these? I haven't had one for a bout seven years so don't know much about gettin' one.

My brother is actually takin' care of the gettin' and he and sis are gettin' one of these:

http://www.bell.ca/shopping/en_CA_ON.Samsung-OmniaII/68968.details#2

Should I get one of those too?

I see that it comes with a free:

decal.gif

... so I'd be all set there.

Yo Bacon,

The phone is one thing, the plan is totally something else. As far as I'm concerned the basic features of phones these days are the same. I don't use my phone for music, stroking someone's twitter, and rarely text.

Just saying that if you just want a phone to use as a phone and maybe text some folks, pay for a decent phone up front and stay the hell away from getting locked into a long-term contract.

**Personal results and opinions may vary.

Yeah, my bro is taking care of all the planny stuff... I can't be bothered. I guess with Bell there was some sort of deal where they pay 150 of the phone cost/ hook up fee and the plan is $40 per month and the iPhone wasn't an option for some reason... don't ask me.

I'm going with that Samsung unit.

Thanks!

I Know you said iphone is not a option but it should be. Its the best piece of technology I've ever had. Music, email, Internet, games, movies ... and it's a phone. also i can Skype and use a free phone service.. no charges on my bill. and for music junkies like myself there are a millions applications that will blow your mind. have a look a the Shazam app, it's totally free and i use it daily http://www.shazam.com/