Jambands.ca

The Wood Brothers in Montreal Dec. 9

bradm

On Wednesday, December 9, 2009, The Wood Brothers (one of whom is Chris Wood, bassist in Medeski, Martin, and Wood) will be playing at Petit Campus in Montreal, QC.

Oliver and Chris Wood grew up in Boulder, Colorado. Sons of a Poet and a Microbiologist, they both took up music. Oliver moved to Atlanta and became a southerner. Chris moved to New York City and became a Yankee. Now, after years of musical and geographical separation they have reunited.

While in Atlanta, Oliver soaked up the roots of blues, the soul of the south, and found he had a talent for writing and singing songs. His band, King Johnson (named after Freddy King and Robert Johnson) toured mostly in the southern states. Meanwhile, Chris was living in Manhattan playing everything from free jazz to rock and roll. This is where he met his band mates to form Medeski Martin & Wood.

Now The Wood Brothers have begun a collaboration that combines their shared childhood influences with everything they've learned since leaving home. Their music has a rootsy feel that blends blues, folk, and rock music in a guitar/bass duo.

The brothers’ new album, "Loaded" produced by John Medeski, was released on Blue Note.

Aloha,

Brad

wedsnday night in montreal show is rough. But they are also playing in syracuse ny on the friday night at the wescott theatre.quick drive down after work. I am going to go look for strollers for my baby in the us convieniently that weekend ;) So my no more shows out of town rule i set for myself i was able to avert. Wescott theatre is an average theatre. No seating. Large place. 12 bucks a ticket. peace

wedsnday night in montreal show is rough. But they are also playing in syracuse ny on the friday night at the wescott theatre.quick drive down after work. I am going to go look for strollers for my baby in the us convieniently that weekend ;) So my no more shows out of town rule i set for myself i was able to avert. Wescott theatre is an average theatre. No seating. Large place. 12 bucks a ticket. peace

I'd be interested in tagging along and splitting expenses if the logistics can be worked out.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I'd be interested in tagging along and splitting expenses if the logistics can be worked out.

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

Sounds good BradM. Nothing is finalized so I will run this scenario by nyree and get back to you bro. peace

damn. i'm listening to loaded right now. what a stellar album. i wish I knew about this months ago so I could have reserved a vacation day for this.

Drive back afterwards?

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

Hey Bradm, Myself and Nyree decided to do the Burlington VT show on the Thursday, but we are making a mini vacation out of it. Our baby-moon :) then going to Montreal for a few days. Hopefully you make it to one of the shows. Very pumped to be hitting this one. The Burlington show is in the small lounge which i have never seen a show in before. Good times. Peace

damn. i'm listening to loaded right now. what a stellar album. i wish I knew about this months ago so I could have reserved a vacation day for this.

Drive back afterwards?

Aloha' date='

Brad[/quote']

one cannot go to montreal, see a show and come back in the same night. Montreal needs to be cherished and nurtured and treated with respect.