Jambands.ca

Do you have a television in your home?

Ms Zimmy

Guest Low Roller

When I lived in England I was without a TV. Then when I came back to Canada I realized that the only thing that I really needed the TV for was to watch hockey. Otherwise I'm on the computer watching what I want, when I want.

I guess once you go HD you can't go back, but I've never had HD, so YouTube quality resolution is acceptable for me.

I've got a 32inch at Del's house sitting on top of his unplugged freezer collecting dust and a 27inch at my apartment with full satellite but I've haven'te been home in months, I think Lambert may turn it on occasionally but I doubt it.

At my girlfriend's we've got a big TV used pretty much exclusively for the wii and movies. The exceptions being Sunday mass ie NFL football (god bless it) and the greastest show in television history, America's Next Top Model.

No TV.

I was looking into buying a house last spring and saw a listing that said "All televisions included". The place had flatscreen, wall-mounted TVs in all four bedrooms, the livingroom, the kitchen and the workshop/basement.

I didn't end up buying a place but I occasionally wonder how my procrastination practices would differ had I moved into that house.

... and the greastest show in television history, America's Next Top Model.

Haha, you too, huh? I called the freaky red-haired chick from episode 1.

Sports and Thursday nights are what the TV is good for, to me at least. Actually, that's a lie - we have TMN and HBO now so there's all sorts of good stuff on, when its a new season of something.

I have do have BEER.

The convoluted sentence structure suggests that, yes, indeed, you do ;)

i am letting my other addictions have the stage for awhile.

Ack! I won't ask.

I likes me some TV when I am working because if I put on music I get too distracted. And I'm a news junkie, but the cool thing about being a news junkie + work is that the stories repeat themselves, so you can just tune out and have some background noise until your ears perk up to something interesting happening. Plus, I now have the fight network, so .. fuck yeah.

1 have 40" LCD and a Blue Ray player, but no cable. I opted to put up an OTA Digital antenna (over the air). My TV has an OTA receiver built in, so I'm getting about 30 channels of HD via my antenna for free. (My antenna cost me $50. Most newer LCD & Plasma TV's have a built in OTA DTV receiver.)

For those unfamiliar with OTA Digital, here's a layman's explanation. {Courtesy DigitalHome.ca}

Analogue TV (also known as NTSC) is the original television standard in North America and it has served well for many decades but it is prone to many different kinds of interference that can make viewing troublesome for consumers. The new digital standard called ATSC (also known as DTV, for Digital Television) eliminates almost all of that interference.

# broadcasting DTV requires much less transmitter power to cover the same area as analogue

# for consumers the availability of High Definition TV via antenna is only possible by via DTV

# the U.S. has converted their old analogue transmitters to DTV as of June 12, 2009.

# Canada has set its date for full DTV conversion to August 31, 2011

# Canada uses the ATSC (8VSB) standard used in the U.S.A., Mexico, South Korea, and Taiwan, with more Western Hemisphere nations expected