Jambands.ca

Furthur 2010

HaMike

I don't hear a lot of people championing 1992-95 as the best years of the Grateful Dead, but I know an aweful lot of people that put that period down as the best concerts they've ever been to.

That was because we were high on acid while Jerry would channel the voice of God while a broken angel sang from a guitar. If you ask me, it's simple arithmetic.

Jesus, what I would give to see that fatblacktshirtwearingmotherfucker bring down the house one more time.....drop you to your knees, he would.

But MoMack, I hear what you are saying. I just have a hard time believing it was the culture, or the religion if you prefer. Surely that played a big part because if we werent there to accept the love and bounce it back, where would the magic go?

But if you dont think the lot was full of evil and negativity in the later third of the Dead's exhistence, you would be selling yourself short. Allow Sloth to regail you with tales of signs he saw on Phish lot that read 'Deadheads go home'. Those signs were made for a reason and I am willing to bet there are oldschool Phisheads out there who would be willing to admit their scene went ways downhill once they got infiltrated.

Sorry. I am getting waaaaaay off track here. I apologize to ya'll.

You have to take into account the 100's of brahs that simply skip over your posts.

Good thing they didn't cause this conversation was dead in the ground the silence in the end accurately reflecting peoples disinterest in various incarnations of the Dead. If I have to be a shitbag to make a simple course correction to start a dialogue so be it.

I havn't read this whole thread in it's entirety, but from the bits of all the posts that I have read and the general vibe i'm getting from it......

You guys are fucking nuts!!!

I wasn't at the shows in san fran, but everyone that I know that was there was extatic!!! I've loved every thing I've heard from the downloads. And this is clearly the best Grateful Dead outfit that's been around since at least 1995. This is the future of this stuff!!! I can't wait to go to some shows. I hope this line up sticks. Maybe with occasional visits from Billy and Mickey. Maybe even Bruce one day. The only thing that i worry about is how long they'll be able to keep Rosso. He seems to be the only one in the band that has a music career that isn't Grateful Dead related.

Anyways, if you have any like or love for the Grateful Dead music, I'd be surprised if you're not excited about this.

Those signs were made for a reason and I am willing to bet there are oldschool Phisheads out there who would be willing to admit their scene went ways downhill once they got infiltrated.

This is true, but as a whole, it was the best thing that could have happened to Phish at that point in time. They were becoming huge, but not at that rate. There's no way that they would possibly complain about all the extra money they made and those huge packed venues they started to play at.

But ya.... in 94 and 95 the dead scene was getting out of hand, Phish had a cool tight scene, then Jerry died and all the crap simply went on Phish tour instead.

while a broken angel sang from a guitar...Jesus, what I would give to see that fatblacktshirtwearingmotherfucker bring down the house one more time.....drop you to your knees, he would.

Yes sir. Thank you.

It's interesting that for some this is what keeps them away from any remnant of the band, while for others I think it's this sentiment that keeps them chasing the ghost.

On a good night (and I do believe the crowd does play a role in influencing the intensity and trajectory of the energy put out there) his presence, or the essence of his presence, is lurking. Perhaps few and far between though.

Pardon me for flakin' out.