Jambands.ca

NYC Restaurant

AD

So I am going to NYC for the weekend. Looking for an exciting and delicious dining experience (dinner) but must not break the bank. Staying in Lower East Side, would be best if restaurant was in walking distance.

So far WD-50 fits all the criteria and is at the top of the list, but I think I'd find the portions too small.

Somebody start making some suggestions please. :content:

I did use chowhound, and nymag. Very good resources for sure. I have left the decision making up to someone else. My list of restaurants was getting too crazy and I was driving myself mad, so it's in someone else's hands. WD-50 is still in the picture though.

The open market in NYC that used to be run by Bourdin, has not been run by him in about 8 years. I did a stagerie at Le Bernardin in 2008 (a bit too north of where you want to go) and they said that Brasserie Les Halles just milks his name. He has no ownership or interest anymore.

Hmmm really - didn't know that. That's a little disappointing. Kinda wondered about the whole addition of breakfast and delievery. Doesn't sound like something that he would champion.

Gramercy Tavern was on our radar but we didn't go there.

Ended up going to the Bridge Cafe. It was delicious. Had the most perfect ribeye - Grilled Prime Bone-In Ribeye / House Made Steak Sauce, Lyonnaise Potatoes, Creamy Parmesan & Garlic Spinach. Had the chocolate, banana and caramel bread pudding for dessert. Nice bottle of Pinot Noir.

I have a long list of restaurants to try on my next visits.

WD-50

Gramercy Tavern

Rayuela

Allen & Delancey

Inoteca

And soooo many more.