Jambands.ca

Music to get Stoned to

zero

Yeah you're totally right about that Stagga track being bland, it was more a find and illustrative of a little more obscure electronic music.

I've never heard Tractorbeam but I used to like some of the side project Electron.

All the other suggestions are great thanks.

For Massive Attack try anything From exchange onward on Mezzanine, or most of the album Protection, or the Mad Prof vs. Massive Attack remix album No Protection or early Tricky like Maxinequaye.

Fila Brazillia - Another Late Night also excellent

Burning Spear in dub, oll Upsetters and King Tubby's for dubby reggae.

If you're alone try giving A Love Supreme a smokey afternoon or evening... you might cry.

Funny you mentioned Fila Brazilia I just listened to all their albums to death this summer so wiped them from the ipod to make room for fall selections.

I also recall a particularly acid drenched afterparty at marge's that involved a healthy dose of Massive Attack and it was admittedly trippy as fuck.

I also recall a particularly acid drenched afterparty at marge's that involved a healthy dose of Massive Attack and it was admittedly trippy as fuck.

I remember an acid drenched ride through Times Square back in high school where we were listening to jazz. Not sure who, it was the only tape in the car at the time. Moral of the story: Acid Jazz. Trippy as Fuck...

Edited by Guest

Here's a slightly jaded review of the Soulo album man, the manipulator (had the title wrong earlier) I highly recommend this album. I find really often when a random song comes on that I can't place but really like that it's from this album. I don't think it's just my taste in music either it's pretty accessible all around. I also never realized because the dustjacket's so small on my ipod that it's two guys doing a beer bong.

PR390207_Cover.jpg

And here’s another one. Soulo (Shawn King and Nate Flannigan) releases yet another album that combines the organic with the inorganic, Man, the Manipulator, exposing both the positives and negatives of trying to combine the two conflicting elements. Replete with a wide variety of instruments, ranging from guitars, banjos, and flutes to trombones, french horn, and clarinet, Man, the Manipulator is an eclectic hodgepodge of genres, forcibly combining such disparate styles as electronica and bluegrass. And it works to varying degrees. The problem with these types of albums is that no matter how hard they try to combine the sounds, the programmed drums always come off as subservient, and the sparsely-used vocals always seem to undermine itself. At some points, the eclecticism causes the songs to sound as if they were suffering from an identity crisis (e.g. "The Status Seekers"), sounding overbloated with ideas and less concerned with an overall dynamic or impression. But when Soulo is on, the fruits of their collage-esque tactic pays off, such as on the intricate "Daddy’s Girl, Mama’s Boy" which affectively combines slide guitar and electronic bleeps— a near-impossible feat. Songs like these, as well as other daring tracks like "The Peter Principle" and the jaw-droppingly amazing "What do you say after Hello???", gives me faith that in another album or two, Soulo will find its strengths and throw out its weaknesses. For now, we can enjoy the sounds of a duo who are having a blast while trimming the fat.

1. What do you say after Hello???

2. How do you feel?

3. Daddy’s Girl

4. Mama’s Boy

5. Emotions, Can You Trust Them?

6. The Status Seekers

7. Born Female

8. The Pursuit of Loneliness

9. Games Mother Never Taught You

10. Your Erroneous Zones

11. Peace from Nervous Suffering

12. The Peter Plan

13. The Peter Principle

Edited by Guest

BITCHES BREW

It may be obvious but not everybody may be exposed to the same stuff so I'll add this one just in case.

Everyone who likes to get high and trip on music should trip to this at least once!!!

My first suggestion may not have been the most suitable and this one is not electronica either....but there it is-I'm more the type to find cool music from posts like these than offer great suggestions....