Jambands.ca

Two things you'll never hear me say again...

Super Freak

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also notice that its always the same folk who take it personal when someone gives their opinion about what they like or dislike.

Like in Brian's thread about differences of opinion.

Anyway,I just like gettin folks upset with my comments,makes me laugh how easy it really is,and those who know me know I do it for that very reason.

Hmmmm,guess this has not much to do with this thread.....

....kids [Roll Eyes] .....what ya gonna do?

I wanna giver!

-

OK, for the record, I am from KW and consider myself one of the 'giver gang.' For those who know me, and for those who don't, I am 28 and certainly did not just discover partying. My given'r abilities are never in question either (Chatham fuckin rules!!!) No i did not coin the term and have never used it in a sentence but for those who do, so be it. So the KW folks got on the wagon a little late, BIG DEAL. Everyone went to this little place called Frontier Town, some for the first time being exposed to the 'scene' and fuckin loved it. Some of these folks now listen to music they had never heard of before and are lovin it to death. Perhaps the Given'r is a great way to remember that wicked weekend of debauchery (the best CTMF i've been to) in a fun and harmless way. Sure its being overused, but isn't that the expressed purpose of the word in the smurfplace?

Superfreak, you make very valid points and I did see the joke although most did not. I also agree that the word has lost some meaning just like if you say "baloney" 25 times you forget what it means and it sounds retarded. I am pretty sick of the word and still find myself using it at appropriate times. The little paragraph i wrote the other day that you agreed with was my playful way of letting all know that it is getting old and yet it was directed at no one inparticular.

KW-ites, don't get defensive. Keep using the word at your leisure and i'm sure it will fade like all fads do. In the meantime i'm gonna go have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up [Wink]

GIVER!

Schwa speaks volumes of truth.

Especially:

quote:

directed at no one inparticular.

Agreed,also like in Brians thread about opinions.

As I have said before,if ya get to upset about anything on this board or any board for that matter,just take a deep breathe,step away from your computer and relax.I know I had to do it on an occasion or two in the past.

****Memo to all Skanks*****

Going forward, there will be no further use of the following terms:

- dude, man, wow, like, brah, bro, brotha, wicked, smokin', dube, give'r, phat, nug, fatty, suck, hip, stick, split, heavy, duty, awesome, lame, score, spin one up, kind,love, not to mention.....for sure!!

That is all.

Ummmm...woah....that band was really...ummm....good, do you want to go and ....ummm....construct a......well....marijuana cigarette?

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

****Memo to all Skanks*****

Going forward, there will be no further use of the following terms:

- dude, man, wow, like, brah, bro, brotha, wicked, smokin', dube, give'r, phat, nug, fatty, suck, hip, stick, split, heavy, duty, awesome, lame, score, spin one up, kind,love, not to mention.....for sure!!

That is all.

Ummmm...woah....that band was really...ummm....good, do you want to go and ....ummm....construct a......well....marijuana cigarette?

WICKED!

Thanks VVilly! [big Grin]

Sorry if my style gets a little offensive sometimes but ya'know, give'er. [Razz]

Stapes that was mad releiving brother. But a question, If I'm God how come I keep missing those little bastards? And how come there ain't no fine females around me right now? I will it so, why isn't it so? [Confused][Wink]

Now that things are all patched up between you folks I'll add my two cents. SF assumption that these people using this gay term were young kids was not off base at all. This give'r thing is very immature sounding and has been played out. It is fucking annoying to have to read that bullshit in every fucking thread! Please stop. [Mad]

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

Superfreak, the "gayest thing ever" (which is so highly appropriate in these sensitive times) is that you started this kind of thread in the black hole that is this board. You do realize that by saying that you won't use these words, you're chasitising those that do? So no, people didn't misread what you wrote, they merely read between the lines. And as lame as this give'er business is, I have to side with LMP in saying that there's much bigger fish to fry these days. This board is what people make of it, whether we're having endless philosophical discussions or posting the bands that we think suck (of which Rush is definitely excluded). Why try to impose any limitations on that, or expect people to filter their thoughts and feelings to suit one person? Unless something is unpopular for the majority of people here I don't see why we shouldn't post whatever the hell we want, such as:

"Teabag and Bukkake leave me feeling kind of cocky"

Dude,

It was a joke. Did I really try to impose limitations on anyone? So peeps can post whatever they want except for me. Cool. Good point.

For the record-I like Rush.

Archived