Jambands.ca

Audio school - Kevin Breit content

backbacon

I'm in school for audio and last night's lab involved spending some time at the console and using any of the various outboard gear... compressors, reverb, gates, eq's, what have you. Definitely the least structured, untaught labs so far.

What a treat to find in the selection of songs to mess around with a folder titled Sixters Euclid... I knew what they meant. With my excited insisting we promptly loaded up a 20 or so track mix of the Sisters Euclid song 'Domenic' and were in patch cabling and knob twisting heaven for the next hour and a half!

My lab partner hadn't heard of The Sisters Euclid before and we both were totally content basking in that fuzzy sea of sonic awesomeness that is Kevin Breit's guitaring!

I'm hoping to gain permission to bring some of that material home to mix down, savour and share!

Just had to share that with you... good times!

It's gotta be.. Or maybe a friend who is in the same biz, who he gave some recordings to. Probably the former though! Keri, Dave is the guy who used to record Sisters every week and his day job is teaching audio engineering somewhere in the GTA. Anyways, thats some sweet raw materials to work with!

OIART eh? Give Bob, Lee, Chris, Christopher and Mark a big Hello from me...I taught the ProTools course there a few years ago...glad to hear the Sisters content is still alive and being used...

I'm in T-Dot now engineering at Optix ...haven't taught since OIART but miss it...not the drive though...that was killer...

Spend every moment you have at the school 'cause it's a sweet place to be...

Cheers, eh! :)

OIART eh? Give Bob, Lee, Chris, Christopher and Mark a big Hello from me...I taught the ProTools course there a few years ago...glad to hear the Sisters content is still alive and being used...

I'm in T-Dot now engineering at Optix ...haven't taught since OIART but miss it...not the drive though...that was killer...

Spend every moment you have at the school 'cause it's a sweet place to be...

Cheers, eh! :)

Cool, I'll tell them all you say hi! I mentioned your name laset week to Lee and he knew right you away. I worked the George Harrison tribute show last night with Christoph. Great guy! The protools teacher now is Dan Brodbeck. He also teaches the production class too. He's moset recently worked with Dolores from the Cranberries on her new album.

It is a sweet place to be... I just wish we were allowed studio time outside of our lab times. Such a tease!

Cheers!

Kerri,

I believe there's lots of studio time in the second and third semester...I hung around and nabbed the extra studio time from those who chose not to use it or blew off their labs...never did understand that one...

Yeah, Christoph is a great guy and incredibly talented with live sound and studio electronics...if you want a job at a studio, having electronic-tech skills will put you above the competition...

Does OIART have a Venue system?

The show was at the Aeolian Hall in London. Great venue.. ~300 person capacity.

Yuri George (who did the 40th anniversary rooftop cocert shows) and his band performed and George-y setlist. I can post the setlist later when I get home.

The highlight for me was their version of 'Something'. They only had a couple days to rehearse and it showed in a few places. An Indian-style duo opened with a short three song set. I wasn't allowed to record.