Jambands.ca

What is going on for New Years here or in the US

The Chameleon

A wicked show just got announced yesterday, but its not technically NYE:

Sullivan Hall 2 Year Anniversary Celebration with The Slip, Benevento, Martin

The Slip

On January 2, 2010, NYC's Sullivan Hall will celebrate its two year anniversary with The Slip, Marco Benevento Trio featuring Billy Martin and more.

Tickets go on sale Tuesday December 1 at ticketweb.com.

I heard there was a listing for Surprise Me Mr. Davis at the Middle East club in Cambridge, MA on NYE, but the listing seems to have vanished. If it (or The Slip) is actually playing there on NYE, that might make a nice two-fer with The Slip at Sullivan on Jan. 2.

Aloha,

Brad

The New Deal is at BB Kings in NYC with The Dan Band....

I actually looked into this show becuase not only are the New deal playing late night but Chuck Berry is playing before them at 11pm!!!

However flights to NYC are waay inflated well over $400 buck right now and you can't stay anywhere in NYC for under $230/night so the whole thing would be over a grand easy for a couple nights. Sadly out of my price range.

Also Elliott Brood at Lee's Palace, which is possible right now.

November 19, 2009 - NEW YEAR'S EVE

We're happy to announce that we will be playing our second annual New Year's Eve show in Toronto at Lee's Palace in Toronto. One Hundred Dollars will be joining us. Tickets are on sale now!

Thanks for posting! YAY to One Hundred Dollars!

Want to have your face melted and spend some big coyne?

The Flaming Lips Cover Pink Floyd's Dark Side for NYE & Album To Follow

The Flaming Lips will be covering Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety on New Year's Eve. The psychedelic celebration will go down on December 31 at the Cox Center in Oklahoma City, OK. The show will also feature Wayne's nephew Dennis Coyne's band Stardeath and White Dwarfs. According to the poster for the show (featured below), "Starting at midnight: A special performance of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon."

Pitchfork.com via the L.A. Times is also reporting that the Lips plan to record all of Dark Side for what will likely be an iTunes-only album release. While there are few details as of now, the project will include Stardeath and White Dwarfs, Henry Rollins and Peaches. We'll be sure to report back as more info surfaces.