Jambands.ca

**Bnb needs a new Bio Contest** Win Tickets to BNB@The Opera House

GUITARZAN

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here was my little contribution to the bnb scene back in the day. I remember geting batches of sets emailed mostly by the boys on the road and was always excited to see what was going on:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041026052654/www.ctree.org/bnb/

I think I still have that page saved somewhere but the wayback machine is wayeasier to use for now!! A handful of those setlists also have pics attached though I think I'd have to go onto the server to retrieve those!

Edit to Add:

Looking through those shows is pretty fun!

Anyone but the band remember the Road House in Golden, BC???

Ripper bar by day, venue by night! The guy used to get up on stage with a screwdriver and remove the pole in the late afternoon before the band loaded their gear in...classic!

I used to have a choice shot of Weezy (Themasses, BBFCFM) licking the pole before it was removed for the night!

Edited by Guest

They could molest small woodland creatures in their spare time

Ah, so that's why you decided to pursue your educational career in outdoor rec eh Mike? It's all becoming clear to me now. Remember our conversation about ethics in the classroom now... don't be abusing your power. Ha!

Nice to see you again yesterday.

Hahaha' date=' "hundermug"...that was rich.

-darryn[/quote']

He's alive!! Todd and I were wondering what you're up to these days just yesterday... Perhaps we'll see you on the 19th?

Hey Sara! yeah, I'm still around, and yes, I will see you and Todd on the 19th...been a while...

On the topic of BNB, here's some nostalgia for ya...... If my memory serves me correct, This weekend (I think Dec. 6th), 13 years ago (1996?), marks the first time that BNB left Thunder Bay to play in Toronto at the Opera House where the Fat Cat's had graciously welcomed us to be their opening act.

I remember that show. We (Tim V and myself) sat in the balcony smokin' joints while video taping the show, sadly I have no idea if that tape exists anymore. I never came across the audio while transferring all the Fatties shows to archive either.

Now I've gone and got all nostalgic:

Stardate 111402

nero @ The Roadhouse, Golden, British Columbia

A bit of a backtrack for this one, but not so bad, plus we get one more cruise through the mountains taboot. This was our first time in Golden, and the first time we had to wait until the stripper was done to load in. So we bellied up to the bar and ordered some food (I had the roast beef just to be cliché), grabbed a table and waited for the show. This is the second time I’ve seen a stripper in the last seventeen years. I had forgotten why. The girl went on and I went upstairs to our room to have a puff. I came back fifteen minutes later and she was still fully clothed. Perhaps “stripper†is a euphemism? Nope, there it goes, the top, then the bottoms. So there she is, fully naked and sliming up and down the brass pole. At one point a beer glass fell off the speaker and shattered on the stage. She was buck naked and frozen in the headlights, fear stricken and looking for who threw the glass, just sitting there, like a normal (scared) person on the stage. The waitress reassured her and she resumed her squirming, putting on a show for the guys in the smell-seats. It was as boring as an anatomy class, sexy as a pussy fart. The only thing I found even remotely enticing was when she got dressed after the show, and I was too embarrassed to really look then anyway. And all that for $45.

A good, appreciative crowd was out for the show, and a good time was had by all. I got a little drunk and the stripper started to push me around a bit. I told her I was a ninja employed by the CIA and she laid off. That’s experience talking. Nothing gets girls to back off faster than divulging that you’re CIA ninja. Especially strippers.

I scammed a free t-shirt and wore it for the next five days straight. It’s now a scratch-n-sniff.