Jambands.ca

Is anyone driving to Miami?

phorbesie

i planned to drive down with a friend from rochester, thinking it would be easy for me to get a bus from ottawa to rochester. i can't seem to find a direct way there, the buses go to toronto first and take way longer than I was hoping!

Does anyone have room for a passenger down to syracuse/rochester area?

Or any ideas?

Thanks!

do the drive... take extra time if you can. when we used to drive to maine (for festivals) i would always (foolishly) try to do the drive myself, straight, then i would pay for it the next day. break it up if you can into 2 days, make pit stops and have fun. i love leaving canada and the cold behind in a car, its an amazing feeling.

i'm jealous, i would totally be driving down if i didn't have other nye plans.

believe me folks, i'm not driving because i WANT to :D

flights come to 1000$ driving will be 200$

While I agree with you on the actual costs, you also have to look at true costs such as your time. If you drive 25 hours each way (though it will likely take you 30) thats 50 total hours. Even at $5 an hour, you should be adding $250 there.

Additionally as someone who has a car driving people who generally don't- do not forget to include depreciation of the vehicle into your stats. Approx 2500 kms each way at a rate of even as low as .10 (govt pays about .48 right now) thats another $500.

And yes I know these are weird things to offer, but as a numbers guy I always like to include all of the variables to determine true cost.

believe me folks' date=' i'm not driving because i WANT to :D

flights come to 1000$ driving will be 200$[/quote']

While I agree with you on the actual costs, you also have to look at true costs such as your time. If you drive 25 hours each way (though it will likely take you 30) thats 50 total hours. Even at $5 an hour, you should be adding $250 there.

Additionally as someone who has a car driving people who generally don't- do not forget to include depreciation of the vehicle into your stats. Approx 2500 kms each way at a rate of even as low as .10 (govt pays about .48 right now) thats another $500.

And yes I know these are weird things to offer, but as a numbers guy I always like to include all of the variables to determine true cost.

I'm usually in the same boat so I always do the math like that as well thumbup.gif

I'm afraid you're going to have to show your work if you want partial marks

( :susel: )

how does going on a road trip in a car cost me at least 5$ per hour while sitting on a sofa getting fat on Xmas leftovers doesn't cost me anything? ?!

unless you are gonna pay me $250 to stay home.... :) (i still wouldn't!)