Jambands.ca

Holiday traditions!

gentlemonkey

Fly East, get drunk, eat turkey, get drunk, fly back.

Love Christmas mostly because I get to go home....usually warm up/ease into Christmas Eve which is nice. Do the family thing that night. Eat, way tooooo much turkey Christmas day. About now it's ON!!! Head over to the O'Donnell's for the annual Crit-mit Day Night shindig. Boxing day I always seem to end up at the local watering hole catching up with people. Next few days are family and friends and lots of booze, then it's back to Ontario.

Count down is on for me now...12 days until I'm on a plane. :)

The holiday includes novel practices such as the "Airing of Grievances", in which each person tells everyone else all the ways they have disappointed him or her over the past year. Also, after the Festivus meal, the "Feats of Strength" are performed, involving wrestling the head of the household to the floor, with the holiday ending only if the head of the household is actually pinned

FTR - c-towns you started that for sure!!

is the CFAS show happening?? usually donny gets the word out good and early and i haven't heard anything yet.

and as for traditions, we also like chevy chase's xmas vacation. we started a new tradition the year my gramsy passed away. we were all feeling very bah-humbuggy. we ended up cranking a 17 minute version of innagaddadavida and drinking a lot of bailey's. so this is what we do every christmas eve.. and then head over to gebal's for some chatham family reunion! :)

I wouldn't say it's tradition because I haven't been "home" home in years for Christmas, but going home is about as good a tradition as you can get. My wife hasn't seen her family at Christmas in ten years and I haven't been back to Cape Breton for Christmas in about ten years also. We leave on Friday.

• 1 year later...

http://www.festivusweb.com/index.htm

The holiday consists of four main traditions:

1. The Erection of the Festivus Pole: An unadorned pole selected for it's "very high strength-to-weight ratio"

2. The Festivus Dinner: Meatloaf, alcohol optional

3. The Airing Of Grievances: Family and friends take the opportunity to tell one another how they've disappointed them in the past year

4. The Feats Of Strength: A wrestling competition that doesn't end until the head of the household has been pinned. Participants can only refuse a challenge if they have something better to do.

You have the tradition of receiving fudge from Les and I. :P

We usually go to my folks place on Christmas eve, and then in the morning we wake up, open presents and have cheese fondue with sweet German wine, and then we watch football and wait for more good food.

I love Christmas food! Go Turkey! :D

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everybody! :)