Jambands.ca

2010 Vancouver Olympics

badams

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the embarrassment that was Turin for Canada I seem to recall the Feds dumping tons of money into training funds for the Canadian athletes for this winter Olympics so as not to be so terrible on home turf.

Anyone hear anything like this? I also hear that Canadians are kicking butt in all skiing and skating disciplines on the world stage this year too. Should be a banner year....I hope, anyway :)

After the embarrassment that was Turin for Canada I seem to recall the Feds dumping tons of money into training funds for the Canadian athletes for this winter Olympics so as not to be so terrible on home turf.

Anyone hear anything like this? I also hear that Canadians are kicking butt in all skiing and skating disciplines on the world stage this year too. Should be a banner year....I hope, anyway :)

What?

The only embarrasment in Turin for Canada was the poor showing by our hockey team.

We finished 5th with 7 Golds and 3rd overall with 24 medals.

Over the last few years the Feds have dumped a ton of money into the winter sports with a program called Own the Podium.

In the last two years Canada is second in world championship medals for events that compete at the Olympics.

Canada's past at hosting the Olympics has been embarassing since we are the only host nation to not win a gold and we did it twice. lol

Vancouver will be different. We should finish top 3 in the medal standings and hopefully the hockey teams can top it off by winning the golds.

Yes... I am an Olympic geek. I love to get drunk and cheer for the Maple Leaf :)

Anyone hear anything like this? I also hear that Canadians are kicking butt in all skiing and skating disciplines on the world stage this year too. Should be a banner year....I hope' date=' anyway :)[/quote']

What?

The only embarrasment in Turin for Canada was the poor showing by our hockey team.

We finished 5th with 7 Golds and 3rd overall with 24 medals.

Over the last few years the Feds have dumped a ton of money into the winter sports with a program called Own the Podium.

In the last two years Canada is second in world championship medals for events that compete at the Olympics.

Canada's past at hosting the Olympics has been embarassing since we are the only host nation to not win a gold and we did it twice. lol

Vancouver will be different. We should finish top 3 in the medal standings and hopefully the hockey teams can top it off by winning the golds.

Yes... I am an Olympic geek. I love to get drunk and cheer for the Maple Leaf :)

ah. ya see, i knew i was confused but knew i could count on one of you sport geeks to help me out. Own The Podium, that's right....and I knew there was some sort of embarrassment there somewhere. thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...