Jambands.ca

A message from Conan O'Brien (He's leaving!)

Jaimoe

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if I accept this move I will be knocking the Late Night show, which I inherited from David Letterman and passed on to Jimmy Fallon, out of its long-held timeslot. That would hurt the other NBC franchise that I love, and it would be unfair to Jimmy.

Respect. Apparently Leno has none.

So what makes this so heartbreaking, and I'm not really embarassed to say I'm actually choked as I write this, is that this incredibly likeable, intelligent, diligent man finally realized his life's goal and then the rug was pulled out from underneath him.

All very well put. Add to that, to have the rug pulled from underneath in front of everyone, and then still have to come out every night and be entertaining. Don't forget the feeling of being responsible for all the people working for your show being icing on the heartwrench cake.

I must be missing something

maybe before you can fire Jay Leno,

he can summon a demon

that eats your balls?

That's really the only explanation

seriously, it's not hard to find

an idiot walking down Melrose Avenue.

Great Job Jay!

And it's never been funny!

Send flowers to Carson Daly.

I'm not sure exactly when it is going to stop being funny to hijack that movie, but I am sure that the time isn't now.

Conan underscored my remarks from yesterday in a fairly emotional yet characteristically upbeat monologue.

"Hosting The Tonight Show has been the fulfilment of a lifelong dream for me, and I just want to say to the kids out there watching: You can do anything you want in life. Unless Jay Leno wants to do it too."

- Conan O'Brien

Also later in the broadcast the writers underscored Bouche's point that many staffers uprooted their families and their lives in NY to follow their's and Conan's dreams. Max Weinberg had to relocate his family AND his secret family.

Howard Stern has been invited to be a guest on Conan, and Conan has been invited to Letterman's show. Also, tonight Kimmel is going to be on Leno's show.

This totally brings me back to the height of the "Monday Night" wrestling war. I love how everyone is breaking kayfabe and doing shoot monologues all over the place.

Jimmy Kimmel gave Conan O’Brien something to laugh about Tuesday night.

The ABC host waded — actually more like stormed — into the Jay Leno vs. Conan fiasco by performing his entire show as Leno, complete with wig, prosthetic chin and lisp.

Kimmel viciously skewered all things Leno: from his bandleader, lame jokes punctuated by rimshots and sound effects, adoring front-row fans, and even Leno’s signature Headlines.

“I’m taking over all the shows on late night,†Kimmel’s Leno told his audience.

He said while O’Brien won’t participate in the “destruction†of The Tonight Show, “Fortunately, though, I will.â€

And when his one-liners tanked, he observed, “On my show, everyone applauds after every joke.â€

Playing along were guests Chevy Chase and Elisha Cuthbert, although Chase (who showed up in a Conan wig) appeared a bit uncomfortable with — or maybe dumbfounded by — Kimmel’s act.

Kimmel can probably sympathize with O’Brien’s plight.

Last year when it looked like Leno might jump to ABC, speculation was Kimmel would be bumped back an hour to make room for The Tonight Show host.

Guest Low Roller
This totally brings me back to the height of the "Monday Night" wrestling war. I love how everyone is breaking kayfabe and doing shoot monologues all over the place.

Hopefully Leno doesn't give away results from Conan repeats to try and affect the ratings. ;)

Ouch. Idiots. They just built a whole new audience from all of this and now they are throwing it away. If absolutely nothing else, let this affair play out a bit longer. Mistake after mistake after mistake.

I guess it is easier when you are watching from the sidelines, though.