Jambands.ca

A message from Conan O'Brien (He's leaving!)

Jaimoe

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is different and very well done is their incredible adoption of social networking and breaking down the 4th wall. They're posting behind the scenes stuff as it happens, twittering little trivia bits about the show and creating pretty damn funny content for the internets.

Really? Showing 'tweets' onair is "breaking down the 4th wall" ?

Please explain.

Edited by Guest
tried to clarify

Curious, did you watch the show much before he was on NBC?

I've been watching Conan off and on since his very first show taking over for Letterman. At least those early shows had some awkward energy that made them compelling to watch. The show I caught on Wednesday was, in a word, boring. No manner of social media extension is going to kick things up a notch when the source material is so uninspired.

I don't expect the show to be perfect right out of the gate but given the amount of hype and prep time they had for the first week of shows I didn't expect them to be mailing it in by episode 3.

I'll watch it again tonight and I hope it gets better and does well (why wouldn't I?) but I gotta call a spade a spade.

Really? Showing 'tweets' onair is "breaking down the 4th wall" ?

Please explain.

if you had been paying attention you'd have been able to comprehend what I meant. If you really wanted an explanation, you would have just politely asked without opening with a Really? ala seth meyers and amy poehler.